close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waterfowl recipes

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Branta, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Branta

Branta Mods

Post up your favorite preparations here to share with the rest of the flock!

2. Time_Will_Tell

Time_Will_Tell

well no grill kind of sucks but if ya want everyone to eat it ya can try this even girls i know who wont tuch wildgame will eat this and its simple !

cut breast into nuggets roll in dry pancake mix deep fry and your done
    dip in some barbaque suace if you so choose

i do suggest soaking cut meat in milk woscherier suace and some tony
    chachere's seasoning over night in the fridge the goose breast or duck will come out looking a nice light pink color

PRJ likes this.

3. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

water_hazards recipe is the best i've ever had for flat out cooking goose.

1" cubes of goose meat
    onion and/or green peppers
    some soy or teriyaki sauce
    coka-cola

believe he browns the goose in a wok, adds about a can of coke to simmer it in. when its almost done, drain and recook with soy to caramelize.

large tortilla's, spread goose on it...cover with mozzarella cheese and microwave it for 15 seconds. add sour cream and enjoy. its really good. Maybe waterhazard can give you more accurate details.

4. Stiny357

Stiny357

Got to have a grill for cooking game or, you can throw them into the crock pot with some BBQ sauce, garlic powder and onion flakes. Makes a great pulled pork style sandwich.
    I usually grill these but, you can do it on the stove too: Slice the goose in to thin strips, wrap it around a jalapeno (seeds removed and stuffed with cheese), then wrap that in bacon, cook until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted.

5. EMU_Flyer

EMU_Flyer

Easiest recipe and is completly idiot proof.

1. Cut meat into small strips
    2. Drain, Squeeze, do what every you have to, to drain all the blood
    3. Place all meat into a crock pot
    4. Smother with BBQ sauce
    5. Low for 4 hours, stirring every once in a while

Tastes like ribs when you're done!

6. Zofchak

Zofchak

Here's the recipe I use for the goose sandwiches mentioned above. Hands down, the absolute best way to cook goose legs!

INGREDIENTS
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 small yellow onion, sliced
    1 goose breast (Or multiple legs)
    1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 cups chicken broth

DIRECTIONS
    1.Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add goose breast and brown on both sides for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
    2.Place goose breast in slow cooker and add Worcestershire sauce. Add chicken broth to cover (approximately 2 cups) and cook on High setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat falls off bone. Shred with a fork and mix with your favorite barbecue sauce.

7. pikenetter

pikenetter

cook and then use fork to put in mouth:lol:

soak in strips in italian dressing and then fry them and use them in fajitas

or get a quick stew starter package and put them in the crock pot. makes great stew meat.

8. boomstick

boomstick

Goose breast bacon wraps. U wont eat them any other way after u try this. Or jerky!!

cut into long strips. get some good pepper bacon. place a strip of goose breast on top of bacon strip. roll up , use a tooth pick to hold together. U can grill them, u can bake them or u can fry them. If fried dip in beer batter, wait till golden brown and dip in fav BBQ sauce.

jerky

cut in long strips, soak in 2 cups of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of koesher salt. let soak for 2 days. smoke on low heat for 3-4 hrs. enjoy

9. maddiedog

maddiedog

Put in crock pot for at least 4 hours with a can of beef broth and some water to cover it. When done pull apart like pulled pork. Smother with Sweet Baby Rays.

10. dankoustas

dankoustas

Hi Boomstick. I want to try your jerky recipe, but is there any liquid in the soaking part? 2 cups brown sugar and 1/2 cut kosher salt is pretty dry.
    DAn

11. jbo

jbo

"jerky

cut in long strips, soak in 2 cups of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of koesher salt. let soak for 2 days. smoke on low heat for 3-4 hrs. enjoy"

I would also like to know about the smoke temp. I use a smoker for a lot of cooking but low is relative to the meat being smoked IMO. Is low like 160-185 deg or a bit higher, 190-200 deg.

12. smoke

smoke

Crock pot duck

dump 2 bags of frozen mixed veggies (of your choice) into your crock pot.
    Add 1 large 16oz + can of chicken broth

Add several teal breasts whole, or cut up larger duck breasts in half or quarters

Simmer for 6-8 hours, depending on how long your out hunting in the afternoon.

Can be served over rice, pasta or mashed potatos. We served it over rice youth weekend.

Made this at the Bay for youth weekend this year, all the kids but one loved it. The one who didn't love it ate some anyway because he "was starving" and said it wasn't too bad. SO I figure if the kids liked it, it must be good.

Personally I love crock pot meals when i'm in hunting camp, they taste great, less filling............ oh wait a minute that's my beer. They taste great and are easy to prepare most times. The best thing about this recipe is the duck is very very tender after simmering that long.

Smoke

13. waterfowlhunter83

waterfowlhunter83

This is an awesome meal...made it last night for me and my wife, I would say it rivals any good Mexican restaurant’s wet burrito.

Ingredients:[/COLOR]
    4 goose breast - remove all silver skin from the meat
    1 can beef gravy
    1 can red enchilada sauce (mild or hot - whatever you like)
    2 small cans tomato sauce
    1 packet of fajita seasoning
    1 tsp chipotle chili powder
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies
    1 large bag of sharp cheddar cheese
    1 small bag of lettuce
    1 can of refried beans
    8 ct bag of largest flour tortilla shells (burrito size)

Combine the beef gravy, red enchilada sauce, and 2 cans of tomato sauce together in a slow cooker/crock pot. Add fajita seasoning and chili powders to the sauce, stir together with a wisk. Add goose meat to sauce...set crock pot to the low setting. Cook for 15-20 hours, the meat should fall apart. Remove meat from sauce...shred the meat. Take tortilla shells and make your burritos...I started with some refried beans, then a generous portion of goose meat, lettuce, the diced tomatoes with chilies, and a little bit of cheese. Put the burritos into a 9X13 glass pan. Cover the burritos with the remaining sauce from the crock pot and then cover with the rest of the cheese. Put in oven @ 350 degrees and cook for 20-30 mins.

Put some sour cream on the burritos, maybe serve with some Mexican rice...these will be a hit!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  14. 3pointpete

3pointpete

Has anybody tried goose sausage? I make lots of venison summer sausage and had some goose in the freezer that I thought I would try. I pretty much followed the regular sausage recipe. I ground up 5 lbs of goose with 1 lb of pork and mixed in the normal summer sausage seasonings. It is about 7:45 and I am waiting for my 5 year old partner in crime to put the sausage in the smoker. I will check back in and tell everyone my results, it whould be done in about 6 or 8 hours depending on when the little guy gets up.

15. LSSUfishmaster

LSSUfishmaster

1 inch(or less) cubes of duck
    white wine
    lemon juice
    poultry seasoning
    chopped garlic
    olive oil
    1 inch cube of pineapple
    onion wedges (single layers)
    BBQ sauce (I used spicy)
    tooth picks

Marinade the duck in the wine, lemon juice, seasoning, olive oil, and garlic over night. The place on tooth pick with pineapple and onion and wrap with a small piece of bacon. Place on pan and brush with BBQ sauce. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until bacon gets some color. If its not browning fast enough crank it up! And remember.....everything tastes good with bacon.