close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Water level at the Lodge.

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by kozbones, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kozbones

kozbones

Water level at Fish Point Lodge is up, over some of the docks.

Also, the lodge is for sale.

Attached Files:

2. craigrh13

craigrh13

The water is pretty high this year. It's definitely changed the scenery. My go to spot is no more. It was knee deep water with lots of cover. Now it's almost chest deep and lots of the weeds are gone. The water levels are definitely going to mess with the birds and move them around.

3. smoke

smoke

Hopefully kill some phrag with this high water! I'd love to see it like it was back years ago with cattails and pencil reeds. Hate that dang phrag.

4. craigrh13

craigrh13

Lots of phrag is gone from my go to spot. Now there's no cover though. Like none.

5. smoke

smoke

It will take a few years for the cattails and other cover to grow back. Let just hope it comes back with the right cover and not more Phrag.

craigrh13 likes this.
  6. Swamp Boss

Swamp Boss

I never thought water levels would have come back so fast but now that is has, you are right. It is going to take a few years to get things going again with vegetation. Phrag is gonna be screwing up shallow areas for puddle ducks for awhile! Sure was nice to find the place I started out hunting in the mid 80s holding plenty of water again last weekend!!!

smoke likes this.
  7. smoke

smoke

Good news! I'm heading over this weekend for Cheese burger fest and scouting until Monday. I'm def. gonna be checking some of my old haunts with the water up so high. Going to be tough to find shallow teal water without breaking some new/old ground.

8. ThumbDweller

ThumbDweller

Water is crazy high for sure. Family and I took a tour of the Bay last Saturday after visiting the festival and water is higher than I have ever seen. Water was about four feet from the top of the ramp at the public launch in Bayport.

9. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Very surprised to hear this.

10. craigrh13

craigrh13

I cruised though dynamite cut and it's wayyyy different than last year. Far more open.

11. Duckman1

Duckman1

My son was up at Kitchen rd on the west side today. Water all the way to road end he claims. It was '97 when water was up that far.

12. just ducky

just ducky

I talked to Chris a month ago, and she said they are still doing hunts this fall, but they are transitioning into a new business in Sebewaing. She didn't say the lodge was up for sale, but I guess that makes sense. Is it listed on a real estate site somewhere?

13. Spartan88

Spartan88

If only we could napalm the bay shore line and burn the phrags... Bingo hunting was only when I felt like it in my younger days, I miss walking the shore and setting up.

Swamp Boss likes this.
  14. smoke

smoke

Its been for sale since last year. Hate to see it go since Doug finally got it back. But things change and people change , plus its damn hard work day in and day out to run like he did. Ice fishing carp fishing and duck hunting. Plus making sure everyone is happy at the lodge, guides you have to keep an eye on. Sounds like to much work for me for the pay.

15. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

Amen to that.... both Doug and Chris work way harder than I would want to...

smoke likes this.