close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Water Clarity

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Bonefish, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM.

1. Targa_75

Targa_75

I'm near basf now clarity about 6". Fished TC early it was same. No fish. I'm heading to East side of grosse ile now

2. reflex2004

reflex2004

How is the water levels at the ramps? Debris bad? Headed out tomorrow and curious as to what launch will be usable. Thanks

nohaha likes this.

3. sureshot006

sureshot006

water level looked normal to me this AM. Didn't look at a ramp, but my normal observation of pilings for clarity purposes.

In the short time I was at the seawall, I saw a fair bit of junk floating down the river.

4. knowhowiroll

knowhowiroll

Watch out for pallets and such. Never know what you will encounter after a storm such as this. Ice only exponentially magnifies "things" that have slipped into wild running currents. Be careful out there.

5. sureshot006

sureshot006

I saw 2 pieces of wood nearly identical in size and suspiciously next to each other about 4 ft apart...

6. Redrider22

Redrider22

Fished near the Elizabeth Park launch yesterday afternoon 4 to 5:30. Got our 3 man limit in a little over an hour. This morning was a whole different ball game. The water was very muddy with a lot of debris, fished for 2 hours without a nibble!

7. jaypluggin

jaypluggin

Been there done that.

Hermin James likes this.
  8. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

YIKES!!!! Now a long week with fingers crossed hoping for some decent visibility on Saturday!

9. Divers Down

Divers Down

Near the Liz launch? Do tell, I honestly never fished that section north of the bridge.

10. Walleye22

Walleye22

After limiting last two days went out by Elizabeth park this morning and water was muddy. Didn’t get a bite all morning. Still a awesome first Trip with two limits this weekend!

11. mfs686

mfs686

I have never caught a single walleye fishing the channel edges while Elizabeth Park was in sight. Never....;)

ShawnyG, GrouseMD and Divers Down like this.
  12. nohaha

nohaha

Anyone out this afternoon? Driving up from Columbus rain or shine (or visibility). Will be up tomorrow and Wednesday. PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

13. sureshot006

sureshot006

well that's because walleye all use the teleportation system that takes them from about 100 yd south of the free bridge, right up to the golf course.

14. bucksrus

bucksrus

I crossed the bridge this morning. It was mud from one side all the way to the other . ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1523906448.307142.jpg

15. Hermin James

Hermin James

It was dirty today. Only a few inches of visibility at best in trenton channel. Went out for a few hours and decided my time was better spent chasing down a mini remote and buying some handlining weights since I forgot mine in Kalamazoo. Accomplished both of those things and heading to a seminar this evening.

Water level is still dropping.

mfs686, jstfish48162 and Pelican257R like this.