close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Was Roy Moore “born that way”?

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by Pinefarm2015, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Devils advocate:
    noun
    1. a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.

Is the apparent election of Roy Moore an extension of the acceptance of gay marriage and abortion on demand?

I ask because it seems that in an era of “anything goes”, that evidently anything goes.

When 2 men can legally get married with nearly complete social acceptance, something I am not against by the way, does that trickle down to voters not caring about a man attracted to teenage girls, from an era in the South when 15 and 16 year old girls getting married was not taboo?

If a man undergoing sexual reassignment is allowed into the girls bathroom, with the full throated support of the federal government/Obama administration, why are we shocked when voters can overlook a man with an appetite for teenage girls? Weren’t both of them born that way?

If one side believes that aborting millions of girls in utero is a right more sacred than the right to bear arms, and they strongly support doctors and politicians who support that act, how do they square the circle that a man making advances towards females of child bearing age is a crime so egregious that they are to be banished with the scarlet letter?

When illicit drug use becomes socially normalized and legalized in some cases, should we really be surprised that we have a drug epidemic that is now the leading cause of death for young people?

As a society, when we get to a place where almost anything goes, don’t be surprised when almost anything goes.

In the past, other politicians have had relations that did not end their careers. Senate Ted Kennedy ended the life of a young girl and he was re-elected many times over. Bill Clinton used his position of power to prey on a subordinate 27 years his junior, among numerous accusations of rape. Those accusations earned him the title of “the big dog” from his supporters.

If people are wondering why Roy Moore is likely going to win his election, it’s because we’ve become numb to it all.

2. hunter62

hunter62

It has nothing to do with being numb to these things.

It has everything to do with the right gaining, maintaining and enforcing their power, no matter what the cost.

It's cute that the right now has to make excuses (and try to blame the Dems) for the fact that gaining this power Trumps any sort of moral stand on the issues.

Just look at their different reactions to the Conyers payout and the Farenthold payout. According to the right, even though they engaged in the same behavior, one (Dem) needs to go and the other can stay (Rep).

The GOP has always been a filled with sanctimonious windbags and the recent actions confirm that hypocrisy for anyone that chooses not to ignore or overlook it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/judging-roy-moore-1512519609

Judging Roy Moore
    A GOP victory in Alabama may be more costly than a defeat.

Lund Explorer likes this.

3. rockandtroll

rockandtroll

Ah yes, the proverbial "can of worms".

4. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Yes sir we just thank our good lord we have good honest people in our government ... like Clinton’s, pelosi, Conyers, Biden, hank Parker , gore,..... do i need to name more solid honest public servants?:eek::eek::eek:

5. Big Rog

Big Rog

After watching the republicans do nothing for the last 8 years. Just name one solid honest
    public servants.

6. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

The last 8 years?

Either way dem or repub I think they all suck! I’d like to get rid of all of them. It would be best to replace them with guys and gals who make between 40-150k. I’d do that in a heartbeat.

Scout 2 likes this.
  7. hunter62

hunter62

...not in office.

...in office

...not in office

...not in office

???...not in office

...not in office

Dang, 1 out of 5. You're basically whiffing right now. Guess who is still in office? Farenthold!!! Guess who's about to be put in office? Moore!!!

It's cute that you guys constantly need to deflect back to Dems in order to justify your support for scum bag politicians!

It is shocking to hear that the right is now so numb to all of these shady dealings that they are willing to accept and justify the shady actions from those on their own side. If that is actually true then at least it means we won't have to hear their sanctimonious morality bs any longer since they are now justifying and embracing this kind of immoral behavior.

RickyP likes this.
  8. TK81

TK81

Both parties suck, Hunter. They both prop up / end up with candidates that suck. You and I get the honor of choosing the one the sucks the least. The folks down in Alabama are faced with a dilemma. Does Moore's taste in dating (35 years ago) outweigh the suckage of Jones? Since most of Alabama prefers Moore's platform over Jones', there is still good chance that the Alabaman's will plug their nose and vote Moore. (Though I heard Nofish is moving to Alabama to educate the voters that Moore was twice removed from the bench).

When are the parties gonna trot out some candidates that make people proud to support?