close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Want to buy a new quad

Discussion in '4 Wheeling - ATVs' started by MIoutdoorsjunkie, Aug 11, 2017.

1. MIoutdoorsjunkie

MIoutdoorsjunkie

Looking to buy a new Yamaha Kodiak 700 or Grizzly 700. The bare bones Grizzly is at the very very top of my price range. Highly considering the Kodiak and am not sure if I need EPS, Diff lock or push button 4x4 (The base model Kodiak 700 has none of that) but the EPS SE model Kodiak does and is comparably priced to the base grizzly.

The quad will be mainly used for plowing, hauling, work around my 11 acre property, ice fishing, and general trail riding (dirt roads and maybe the occasional trip up north).

I live in Southern Lapeer county and want to try and find a good dealer that is willing to negotiate. I have never bought a quad before so I am not sure how much dealers are willing to move from MSRP if they know I am shopping statewide. I am willing to drive across the state for a good deal. Looking for some suggestions on who to call for the best pricing.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. deepwoods

deepwoods Premium Member

I did 90% of my leg work over the phone. Called dealers and asked their best price then repeated as needed. I drove from Fraser to Nelson's in Greenville to pick up 2 Can Am's. Worth the drive for me.

3. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    Get the EPS, it is a very nice feature IMO.