close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walleye...

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by WallyWorld, Nov 18, 2017.

1. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Can bring out the worst. Long story so bare with me. This all started around a month ago when my trolling motor fried on me, sent in to get warranty work done, got it back still not working. So I said screw it I'm gonna try out my favorite shore spot. Bang bang, game over still haven't brought the motor back because I've simply been fishing too much. Just so happens it is private property, but I have been fishing it for about 3 years now. I talk to the occasional police officer at this spot, and it's always the same, they say they don't care if we fish here and that they will only kick us out if they start getting calls or complaints about us. About a week ago a charter fisherman floats in, starts telling his customers we're trespassing and we can't fish there blah blah, then says something along lines of "Yeah they're probably snorting line of coke up there too". Though I was upset I didn't say anything. He then told his customers "yeah I don't know if you noticed but the wind was out of the north earlier and now it's out of the east". Never that night or even that day was the wind out of the north, in fact it was out of the SE and moved a little more to the east as the night progressed. My buddy and I had 9 on the shore and finished our limit out about 20 minutes later. I gave a woot woot, and then said nice and loud so he could hear "man I should start a charter, I would put this guy to shame" with no intention on actually starting a charter. Fast forward another week it's a slow night, there is 3 of us on shore, and charter man with 2 others in his boat. I catch one fish, then another, charter see's me catch em, and comes barreling in and out 3-4 times just to mess with me, he starts moving out so I cast behind him trying to pick on out of the prop wash as I've done a few times before with bow fisherman. He then comes back and starts running my line over... Now I'm pissed. So I yell at him some unsavory words, he yelled back "your tespassing, you can't fish there it's private property". I say "oh that's cool because I just talked to a cop down here yesterday". He replies with "my buddy got a tickets down there". I say "well your buddy must be an a-hole like you" and "if they want to give mw a ticlet they can". Well I'm still pretty steamed, so I proceed to keep yelling at him. Basically told him he was a joke, pathetic, sad that he runs a charter, why you gotta mess with a couple guys just fishing and trying to have a good time... there may have been some more unsavory words in the mix. Fact of the matter is I am trespassing, and I will take responsibility for my actions if they do give me a ticket. I am respectful of the land that I fish leaving no trash behind, try to keep noise to a minimum as there are a few houses relatively close, and as it is a marina, I wait for all boats to be gone from the docks until I do fish there. Only problem I've ever had is this one charter captain with a 60k boat that cant catch fish.

2. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    So what responses are you aiming to receive?

3. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Just venting. Respond however you would like... or don't.

Jimbos likes this.
  4. Downsea

Downsea Premium Member

Get written permission, put it in your wallet, get his MC numbers and turn him in to the DNR for harassing you. About all you can do. Well, legally anyway.

5. Skeeter185

Skeeter185

I have a problem with people having docks in the water and complaining that they are private property. Are not those docks in public domain. That water belongs to all Michigan residents. Keep fishing Wallyworld, tight lines.

WallyWorld and woodie slayer like this.
  6. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

Oh I'll keep fishing. I have a nice boat and will fish out of it if needed, but nothing beats the fun in shore fishing this time of year imho. AirBrush_20171118200446.jpg AirBrush_20171107051246.jpg AirBrush_20171107050859.jpg

Attached Files:

CHASINEYES and old red lund like this.
  7. Livefreefishin

Livefreefishin

Wow nice fish bro!! Let me know the spot lol

Ray D likes this.