close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WALLEYE WEDNESDAY

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by eyepod, Sep 13, 2017.

1. eyepod

eyepod

Limit 5 and Eye had a couple friends Dave and John come down from Au Gres, Interested in learning a little more on running a spoon program, So they can ad it to there arsenal up that way next year, We all loaded up bright and early, And headed out the west side, Ran out to the numbers that have been good to us for over a month, In 18-20'. Picked up a few there, Was a little slow, Then did a little snooping around, Found some nice active fish in 13' Around some weed beds, Then it was some easy pickins, Sent the boys back North with there limits, And a bonus pike, Great trip with good friends, Lots of laughs and plenty of banter to go around.. Color of the day was pink.. 21729182_10214526847151204_368968193_n[1].jpg 21733167_10214526847111203_796244566_n[1].jpg 21741646_10214526847071202_303761811_n[1].jpg

jumbojake, limit5, DaveL and 10 others like this.
  2. scottsinift

scottsinift Premium Member

That's a pretty nice looking mess of fish u guys got there. U guys are definitely die hard walleye junkies, ushely buy da fourth of July weekend I'm burned out on the trolling gig. Let me guess greasy chicken was the hot spoon.

limit5, TommyV and eyepod like this.

3. eyepod

eyepod

Nope could not buy a bite on Greasy today, Flavor of the day was pink Lemonade..

bambam1 likes this.
  4. PACRAT

PACRAT

Great work again fella's!

limit5 and eyepod like this.
  5. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Pink? Must have been the females showing up already! Lol...nice job guys, the perch are happy :)

6. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer

You are making me think that I should make one last trip before I start the jigging routine in the Sagnasty!:corkysm55

7. PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Nice haul guys! Eye and Limit, would you mind sharing at what water temp you guys normally put away the spoons and grab the stickbaits?

ajc1 likes this.
  8. limit5

limit5

"Normally" for me it is 80° or until the fish mostly leave the bay. That didn't happen this year. Stickbaits and such have been working as well and should be good till ice up.

eyepod, Ralph Smith and PartyMarty like this.
  9. Rodbuster

Rodbuster

Nice work!

10. eyepod

eyepod

Until the fish say otherwise..

PartyMarty, EyeMan89 and limit5 like this.
  11. MichiganderFisherman

MichiganderFisherman

Hey Eyepod we are heading out that way tomorrow morning, had no luck out in 23ft out of Linwood last week. Not asking for your secret spots at all but curious where we could find some weedbeds around linwood or pinconning. Normally we fish out deeper so I've never marked any weedbeds just looking for a starting point to hopefully get some Eyes in the cooler! Thanks!!

12. Ralph Smith

Wind right now is 15 kts. from south. I'd launch out of "eagles bay" and head south a little ways. Shorter run, and if wind picks up you can run back in with them. Hopefully it lightens up, was suppose to be under 10kts. all day. Go figure..:lol:.

MichiganderFisherman likes this.
  13. MichiganderFisherman

MichiganderFisherman

Thanks Ralph! We are going to try that or gambills. By the way, I owe you a trip at some point this year or next, I appreciate all the help this year. Flipped that boat I messaged you about for a profit and now I'm the new owner of my grandfathers old 21.5ft four winns cuddy with a 305 Chevy. Came a long way from where I started this year! Lol ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505553262.617435.jpg

Junto beans and Ralph Smith like this.
  14. Ralph Smith

Nice boat! :)...that oughta make it comfy out there today. I was planning on launching at 6:30, but might push it back and hour to see what wind is doing....already more than they said. I'll be coming out of rivermouth. Good luck :)

MichiganderFisherman likes this.
  15. Rodbuster

Rodbuster

You won't find any better ride than that right there for the bay, at least not in it's size IMO! I have the same right down to the color, would trade it for any other! Another plus is when the perch slow down, crack the hatch and take a siesta...