Walleye and smallmouth

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by rbaddis, Jul 22, 2020.

1. rbaddis

rbaddis

OK... We are going north over the Labor day weekend. We used to stay on Lake Independence. Due to the Covid, it's not available this year.
    We are looking for a lake between Houghton in the Lower and Lake Independence in the Upper that has good / great walleye and smallmouth. I'm not looking for spots, locations, or anything like that. Just lakes with good populations of each.
    Thank you in advance!

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Intermediate lake has god fishing for both.

gundogguy and rbaddis like this.

3. shametamer

shametamer

do you need a resort?cabin? a campground? or just to be near....i know lake indeprendence has perkins park for a campground and numerous rentals as well......the bridge has been a zoo and on labor day weekend it will undoubtedly be horrible...long/GRAND lake ,alpena..hubbard lake, tippy dam pond, lake leelanau..above the bridge..its a little tougher if you need accommodations dead river basin has good populations of each..but no rentals or campground to my knowledge.. you could try way dam resort on michigamme reservoir..or even brevoort ,milakokia,millecoquins(walleyes may be suspect here)lake

4. UPBert

UPBert

Big Bay De Noc is less than 2 hours from the bridge. Shametamer is right about the Dead River Basin, but accommodations around Marquette has become crazy expensive.

5. rbaddis

rbaddis

Thanks for all of your help! We like to find lakes that we can rent a house or cabin and keep the boats in the water for the weekend.