Waders for the lady

Discussion in 'Michigan Women in the Out-Of-Doors' started by Cody King, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Cody King

Cody King

the gf has been getting more into fishing with me lately and I wanted to pick her up a pair of waders(her birthday is coming up). nylon or neoprene would work, either or. Trying to keep it under $100, she's shorter(5'3") and pretty skinny just wanted some recommendations. Figured this forum section would be my best bet haha. Thanks in advance

2. RIVER LADY

RIVER LADY Steelhead Addict

Get her a pair of breathable and a good pair of boots. Neoprene sucks. Uncomfortable to say the least and way too heavy.

3. Fishndude

Fishndude

All major retailers sell women's waders anymore. Dick's sporting goods, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. I also recommend breathables, and boots. If she doesn't enjoy fishing, you will have wasted your money. Neoprene waders were a HUGE improvement over the old rubber and canvas waders I grew up with. But breathables are SO much better. Dress her warmly, make sure she sees some fish, try to get her hooked up, and don't spend all day on the water, and she might like it. Check kids waders, too, for someone her size. They don't come with a neon sign that advertises the size.

Cody King likes this.
  4. huntto

huntto

I spent a long time shopping for mine. Kept finding that the attached booties were way big and bunched up uncomfortably in the wading boots. I ended up getting Frogg Toggs. I'm 5'1 with small feet and they fit me the best. All major retailers do sell them, but I found they all had very limited selection. Out of what I found, Frogg Toggs fit the best.

5. woodie slayer

woodie slayer

go to cabalas best warranty around.