close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Waders..... best for the money?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by cgc Zephyr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. cgc Zephyr

cgc Zephyr

Team give me some good choices for waders. I'm hard on them and looking to replace mine.
    Tough- I hunt cranberry bogs and swamps
    Cost- you get what you pay for. Got a great price on my lacrosse 4 years ago. Now they are showing their use. No leaks yet

2. The Reel Slacker

The Reel Slacker

I like cabelas super mag waders. My first pair lasted 8 years. the second pair I had four seasons and started leaking at the seams around the groin area. Took them back to cabelas and they replaced them, no questions asked. Lifetime warranty on them. They are a bit warm early season, but never get cold feet later in the year. I hunt standing in the water after hiding boat, even when breaking the ice.

357Maximum, Tonypro and goose schatt like this.

3. walter sniper

walter sniper

I just bought some Rogers toughman elite and I gotta say they are awesome.
    Fleece handwarmer, cell phone pocket, excellent construction, whole inside is fleece lined, boots are bullet proof.
    For 211$ great buy

don novicki likes this.
  4. cgc Zephyr

cgc Zephyr

Right
    Right on. I'm 49 and a animal in my waders. Find out where they want to be and get there. I'm in the Coast Guard and I love the water. Grew up decoying and big water hunting. My biggest vice is time. I can run and gun better than sit and wait. I do like decoying. But after almost 30 years in the service I learned is shoot and move. Fields, swamps or ponds is move. Just got done hunting w a friend who came up from Alabama to hunt and we hammered the big Georgian bay mallards and blacks. Waders are getting tired. So thanks for the advice.

The Reel Slacker likes this.
  5. don novicki

don novicki

Rogers all the way. I just bought toughmans for 169/free shipping. Can't really beat that and they are nice to boot.

6. Lewis55

Lewis55

I will say probably avoid the redhead canvasback extremes. I have two seasons on them and no leaks yet and pretty warm, however the stitching on the belt loops and front pocket is either coming out or has fallen out completely. Plus bass pro only offers a one year warranty on them. Next pair will be Cabela's super mags with the lifetime warranty.

The Reel Slacker likes this.
  7. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Sitka waders. Only $950 I heard...they’ll last you for life ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1512607826.670993.jpg

8. cgc Zephyr

cgc Zephyr

Holy shiitake...950ish. Better last my kid to when I will it to him.

9. don novicki

don novicki

Well I have a Rogers wader update for you guys after just getting back from Presque Isle State Park and a morning of hunting. I bought these before I went to Michigan. this year to layout hunt Nov 6,7,8,. They worked well for me up there Haven't worn em since then until this morning. Set out the decoys no problem but after the third time in the water to adjust the spread, I felt wet running down my arse, then my left knee felt wet. When I got home by I checked and they are leaking down both legs on all the seams. So we will see about Rogers customer service. Obviously I wasn't happy.

10. mkubiak

mkubiak

If I had to buy one pair it would be Cabelas Super Mags. Get the stout if you are bigger.

These are the best boots and overall they are comfortable waders as well.

The Reel Slacker and 357Maximum like this.
  11. just ducky

just ducky

You'll get tons of opinions because IMO there is a lot of personal preference in deciding what you like best. I've had a lot of different brands, some of which were already mentioned, and I beat the living hell out of them. I currently have the Rogers toughman. 3rd year on them and I really like them. And so far no leaks (knock on...well something).