Vertical vs Cross

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by symen696, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

I will hunt with a crossbow and I will enjoy it. after 25 years of being a vertical archer I will feel no less of an archery hunter. I you feel this should change that will be your problem. I will be putting a video camera on my crossbow and will have my trail cam out. Do you really want to harass me for the way I hunt.:lol::lol::lol:.
    The crossbow hunter will still be an archery hunter and have to learn all the same things I have learned over the years. The crossbow is effective only to 30 yards so I still can not see how you can call them a gun.

2. oldexscrew

oldexscrew

More treestand accidents because of the elderly??? Check around and you might find most "senior" hunters know enough to stay on the ground.
    PG

3. Leader

Leader

No but considering how rude & selfish compound hunters are and how advanced their bows are. I think they should be limited to the Nov. gun season ONLY. It is unfair to allow them to hunt while real hunters are trying to hunt. Only firearms can compete with these new compounds.

4. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

I'm so deeply grieved by this information that you're sharing, as one of the deepest desires of my heart is to be accepted by the aforementioned group of ballistic experts who understand that crossbows are actually "low powered arrow launching rifles". I'm devastated to even consider the possiblity of not being welcomed with open arms into the true brotherhood of archers.

I can only hope that over time there's a softening of their position, as the opinion of the real bow hunters just means the world to me. Their loving support is critical to my psyche, and until I feel the presence of their love I'm just going to feel so alone, on a proverbial crossgun island as it were. Just the thought of someday hopefully being found worthy in their eyes sends a tingle down my leg, kind of like Chris Matthews when he thinks of Obama.

5. michhutr

michhutr

I'll use my compound as long as I can. If there ever comes a time that I cannot pull it back which would keep me out of the woods I'll consider buying a xbow.

Unless of course, something new comes out like a laser guided blowgun or something really weird that we can all argue about for a few years.............:lol:

6. flinch

flinch

So much contempt for other hunters. I see you use the latest compound bow and equipment though. Too bad. I guess you are not good enough to get by without training wheels on your bow. Compound hunters against crossbows are without a doubt the most hypocritical group of hunters I have ever run across.

7. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

The real reason that hunters will be picking up a crossbow is that they no longer want to be associated with the most selfish group of hunters in our woods. The only thing in common will now be the dates of the archery and crossbow seasons.

If Michigan demographics mirror what happened in Ohio, vertical bow hunters will soon be in the minority; that's when crossbow hunters should ban together and push the NRC to have compound hunters only hunt during the November 15- 30 firearm season. :lol:

One thing that I will be looking for come October 1st is who posts the first thread of "I wounded another deer and did not recover it". I know who I'll be betting on. :rant:

8. Crowhunter

Crowhunter

I plan to hunt with a crossbow this fall and not worry what people say .Bud:):lol::lol::lol:

9. Liv4Huntin'

Liv4Huntin'

:lol: :D :lol: :D but, N.S. .........
    (I thought the 'tingle' was UP the leg ...... :yikes: )
    Good post .....;)
    ~m~

10. fishx65

fishx65

11. skulldugary

skulldugary

Seems like the vertical crowd just can't let go of the fact that they no longer will have the woods and game just to themselves anymore and are going to have to share...LIKE IT OR NOT.....

12. tommy-n

tommy-n Banned

yep, your right I'm locked, cocked and ready:D

It's all the same:lol:

13. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Go Figure.:lol:

I find that the people who have the hardest time getting over the crossbow issue are generally those who weren't even born in 1973, when I started bow hunting with a Bear recurve. The rest of them are just emotionally immature.
    As far as the concern for old guys in trees, think about this, most of us start to realize we aren't immortal in our 30's and have fully accepted that fact by the time we are 45. Nature has a way of weeding out those who don't get it. Its a fact that almost all tree stands accidents are caused through careless or overly brave actions on the part of the injured hunter. We have already survived countless tests of our resolve to stay in one piece.:)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  14. tommy-n

tommy-n Banned

Wow, you would think the moderators would have too keep a open mind and not let there personal feelings get in the way:lol:

15. bmd1023

bmd1023

anybody [email protected]#ing about it needs to get a life and get over it who really cares!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.