Vehicle Prices

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by jlcrss, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jlcrss

jlcrss

I am looking at Jeep Wranglers and my wife gets 1 percent below invoice pricing. How much is that off usually. Dang Jeeps are expensive.

2. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

There's not really a formula for retail v/s invoice per say, I can tell you the more options it has the more difference and savings there will be between the two, meaning you'll get a better price on a loaded one v/s a base model. ;)

3. jlcrss

jlcrss

I am shocked what the Unlimited's are going for. I had a Rubicon a fews years back.

4. Ole Spike

Ole Spike

You can probably find a two or three year old one in great shape for half of the new sticker price with some warranty remaining.

5. reddog719

reddog719

I was looking at jeeps a few months ago, and got to talking to the salesman and he said that jeep wranglers have never had a sale on them. they dont have to do it too many people are wanting them. and the prices are very crazy. Good luck and i hope your 1% helps

6. codybear

codybear

Sticker shock is an understatement.. We went window shopping last week and decided not to pay nearly double what we paid for a new vehicle 10 years ago.. Heck, I paid less for my first house.. Whatever happened to base options? Is the auto industry targeting all those people that think they need all these extras that they can just finance away?

CB

7. jlcrss

jlcrss

1% below invoice equated to about 900 dollars off of the sticker on a 2011. Im gonna keep looking. Used looks like a better deal.

8. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Don't overlook any that are "certified" used vehicles and come with a service contract/warranty. ;)

9. J-Lee

J-Lee

My wife has been looking at the Unlimiteds, that is as far as it has gone. Especially since they don't deal much on them.:sad:

10. Tom Morang

Tom Morang

The Jeep Liberty is trail rated and a very underrated vehicle IMHO. Might want to look at them if your heart is set on a Jeep?

As stated above the wrangler has a very loyal customer base and that shows in the pricing.

11. jlcrss

jlcrss

No offense but I am not Liberty people. ;)

12. wally-eye

wally-eye Guest

Send a PM to atp500 (Ken). He's in Fremont and sells new and used jeeps.....

Not sure what he has in stock at the moment, haven't been thru the lot lately.....bought a new Silverado a few months ago and every time I want to drive thru the lot he's out there throwing rocks at my new truck....lmao...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  13. jlcrss

jlcrss

Thanks will do. Got a couple of things on the line. If they fall through I will do it.

14. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Make parts for the Wrangler, PO volume is 576 a day 5 days a week, we run 640+ a day and most Saturdays. Been that way for the better part of two years too. Not too many vehicles come close to hitting the expected volume and this one runs 25% over.

That said, if looking new, wait until later this year. It's going to get the Pentastar engine - 3.6L I think - will be a big bump in power with way better mileage.

15. jlcrss

jlcrss

That would be really cool but I'm sure that will cost a pretty penny.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors