Van Etten Perch

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Paperboy 1, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

If you could put 3 of them together you might have a 7" fish. We were told of this great spot and a method that was surefire to work on the bigger perch. The "bigger" ones didn't get the memo! I got one perch over 7". One.

Oh well. Beats watching TV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. shrubmasters@gmail.com

[email protected]

Hey PB. Sounds like it should of been a day of bull gill sight fishing!!! Lol. Have u been? Softwater soon MS👍. Shrubby

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. CAPT HEAVY

CAPT HEAVY

Van Etten, that's hardcore!

4. idunnit

idunnit

We have a place right by loud island. I don't bother with the perch fishing. I wait for the evening crappie bite. Those fish a massive and usually never fished.

Attached Files:

5. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

I've been hearing of these close to home crappiefests this winter. Someone take me under their wing and just tell me everything.

Minnows with a lantern?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. Krampa

Krampa

Was also on Van Ettan on Saturday afternoon.That was the thickest ice I've ever been on! Can't imagine manually drilling through that stuff - It would be one and done.Like Paperboy said - caught lots of perch but no size to them,only one about 9 inches.Took about a half dozen home that approached seven inches. They will be fishing there till May !!!

7. jacks300ultra

jacks300ultra

You just have to be presitant. Try either deeper holes in close relation to canals that they are going to spawn in. Or shallower weed beds. Run and thing from tear drops with a waxies, soft plastic, or minnow to a #14 treble with a minnow rigged under a slip bobber. Try early mornings and and last light. Good luck to you and be safe out there. That ice is going to start deteriorating soon with the warm temps in the forecast.
    -Jack

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. bowman68

bowman68

Like Jack said early and late. I fish houghton lake a lot for crappie and I do best on minnows 2 1/2 - 3 inch blues lead head jigs small buckshot jigs jig raps. I do best first 45 mins of daylight. Funny thing about houghton lake after eye season is over I just about have lake to myself and the average fish is 12-13 inches with some real hogs
    image.jpg

9. hawgeye

hawgeye

You dont wanna eat fish out of that contaminated lake anyways!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Ohub Campfire mobile app