Van Buren Voyagers

Discussion in 'Michigan Youngsters in the Out-Of-Doors' started by Swampdog467, May 9, 2018.

1. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Voyagers is a 4H club dedicated to outdoor activities. We camp, canoe, fish, and teach hunting skills. We also shoot archery, bb gun, air rifle, .22, shotgun and muzzleloaders.
    Most of our activities are at no cost or very minimal cost to the youth. If you are in the Van Buren county area and would like more info post back here or PM me. IMG_20180509_192905.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Our fishing program includes water biology, fly tying, tackle making and rod building. We also teach kids how to clean fish.

If you are interested but not near our county we can put you in contact with the right people to start a club in your county.

Some of our outings have been wilderness camping on North Manitou island, camping and fishing at Martiny Lakes, canoeing and camping on Manistee river, canoeing and kayaking on many local lakes and streams, exploring caves in Indiana, winter camping in northern Michigan and building snow shelters.
    Shooting sports includes opportunities to compete in county state and national shoots. Some 4H shooters have even gone on to compete in the Olympics!

3. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Our next meeting will be at the Paw Paw Conservation Club on May 15, 6:30 pm. There will be a presentation on Envirothon, we are looking to organize a team to compete.