close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Van Buren county Duck spots?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by nmilkovich, Oct 30, 2017.

1. nmilkovich

nmilkovich

First off, Im not asking you folks to reveal your secret spots, but are there any common spots Im missing or something? Hunted in Indiana for many years, now im trying to duck hunt up here. I see the Keeler State Game areas, but dont see they have much water/birds. Are there any other public land areas nearby (within an hour drive) worth heading out to? Can anyone point me in the right direction or should I just start looking for fields and ask permission? Thanks in advance

2. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

when you start off with "i'm not asking for your spots...."

you're asking for their spots.

3. jwinks

jwinks

If you weren't able to immediately find it with google, why would someone tell you about it?

Nonetheless, you should look into fennville farm and allegan state game area. They are highly overutilized, but there are birds and water. You can search this forum for fennville farm or Todd farm, which is the same thing. There is a huge number of threads which will help give you the lay of the land.

4. nmilkovich

nmilkovich

Thanks that is what I was looking for.

5. nmilkovich

nmilkovich

I thought I was being general enough with the whole "Are there any other public land areas nearby (within an hour drive) worth heading out to?" Instead of what part of X land are you on lol my apologies

6. Jerry Lamb

Jerry Lamb

Ain't tellin....
    The more the miles, the bigger the piles....

Aaronjeep2 and Jimbo 09 like this.
  7. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

middle of season, asking for spots. its really that simple. you can't tell me you didn't google state game areas??? c'mon. your fishing for spots that some guy will toss out there not knowing the implications.

seriously, if you can't google "michigan duck hunting" or "michigan state game areas"....then you really need to re-think you life policy of using the internet.

/internetscoutingrantover

charcoal300zxtt and Jimbo 09 like this.
  8. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

lemme ask the king of internet scouting if this falls into that category. paging king of fishing for spots @craigrh13

9. craigrh13

craigrh13

Suuuuuuuuuck it, D.B.! Ha

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  10. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Allegan and Barry Counties have enough public land to keep me busy until I die.

Speaking of, they just pulled a dead body out of a parking area I drove past on the way to the youth hunt this year, and I heard they found another body by Otsego this weekend.

11. waterfowlhunter83

waterfowlhunter83

Exactly! Thanks SK for flushing that out!

jward likes this.
  12. ice ghost

ice ghost

Jeeesh, poor fella. I'll help ya a bit. I hunt state land during the week and you can figure that out for yourself, but the there's some really good hunting to be had along the Van Buren/ Allegan line right now on private land. My spots are sown up tight so I'm not concerned but do a little driving around in the morning or evening in the farm country and be prepared to ask landowners nicely. You might get lucky.

nmilkovich likes this.
  13. grassmaster

grassmaster

Van buren county is the Gar hole of Michigan counties. too many fruit trees and grapes.
    lots of small lakes but mostly pricks from Chicago who keep coming up here even in the fall.
    lets change pricks to pompas asses, as not to offend anyone.
    they complain about goose crap in there yards then call the cops when they see a duck boat.
    go any direction from VB county and your odds increase 10 fold.

14. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

Geez guys this is all pretty harsh,duck htg is pretty competitive in this state and really that's how some of us end up out west,now it would be prudent to remember that Indiana hasn't had a college winner since Bobby Knight,so lets have a little empathy for our fellow Hoosier,can t we all just get along?

Far Beyond Driven likes this.
  15. Shupac

Shupac

I absolutely had to click this thread. Reading threads like this is the online equivalent of stopping to gawk at a 12 car pileup on the freeway, though I do feel a little guilty when I see the thread's OP being hauled away on a stretcher.