Value of Wiggle warts (pre-rapala)

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Multispeciestamer, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Today at the shop a man came in with some old wiggle warts which I picked up for $2.50 each. I planned on just using them, but was told by my boss I should check the values. I have one V104, two V103 (I valued at 15 each via ebay search), two V109, and a hot'n tot AH104. Can anyone tell me the values of the other colors as I do not see any of them currently up for sale?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. METTLEFISH

METTLEFISH

Relative to Normark... they are PRICELESS... the new product is JUNK!...

3. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

109 has the most value of what you pictured.
    Maybe 20 ea.
    The Money is in harder to get v-series, Just last week or so seen a v-195 pink flamingo go for $150 nip, crawfish patterns are the hottest seller right now.

4. I think ill keep them in the package, thanks. So for $15 I got $95(if all sold at max price) worth of wiggle warts and one hot'n tot.

5. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

No, The 109's are about 20 ea.
    the others around 8$ ea.
    Nice red label packaging from the 80's though...

6. The other warts are selling for 15 each on ebay. Again max price on buy it nows, not via bids. The AH104 I see going for 10 max price on ebay as well. Again that is if all sold at max price which is highly unlikely. I do not plan on selling them any time soon, if anything wouldnt mind collecting some more.

7. slowpoke

slowpoke

I'm thinking on putting them on Ebay soon. I'll take pictures and post them on the MS site first. Could use the money.

8. perchyanker

perchyanker

I have learned in being a very active seller on ebay that if you are trying to get the most out of your item the buy it now works much better then the auction most of the time. I have lots of items that I have listed for 7 days in auction format and never to receive a bid on them only to relist them in a fixed price format for a few bucks more then in the auction to sell them most of the time. I also learned over Christmas when doing a lot of shopping for my 8 year old that bidding on certain items can turn into a pain in the butt and be very time consuming and would like to think most consumers approach with same mindset.

http://stores.ebay.com/Flippersflips

9. slowpoke

slowpoke

I might try to sale some that way. Here is 2 pictures of what I might be selling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

Pretty sure I cherry picked that tot board before?

I agree on bidding, Been doing it a long time, And would rather pay a few bucks more for the buy-it-now rather than bidding...

Asking price doesn't mean a whole lot when they've been for sale for months and months, you can get the easy to come buy colors for less if your patient and attentive, or you back door items off-line in group deals;)
    The most sought after colors cost huge! no way around that!!

slowpoke- set me an appointment before you list and I'll come see, we've dealt in the past and I pay well. been to your house before

Tots for me are very hard to come by anymore, The ones I need for the collection are nearly impossible for me to locate

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  11. slowpoke

slowpoke

PM sent. I remember you I think.

12. slowpoke

slowpoke

Hope you like the Storm lures. What do you think about my old Wheel Horse? Started right up didn't it? It always starts like that. I got it from an old small engine repair man. I think he overhauled it.
    Are you interested in all those Tots that I had down stairs? How about $7 each if you take them all.

13. Ron Matthews

Ron Matthews

Liked the tractor, My snow removal crew thinks that's a fair deal. She said buy it...:lol:

I'll think about the lures, I collect.. I don't mess with resale too much, But I do hoard lures;)

Nice lot though, I'll need to talk with the snow removal crew to see if she agrees that I need more lures, or a snow tractor.... :idea: or, you give me a price on the rest of your v-series and snow removal can wait till spring.
    pm please-

14. bombcast

bombcast

I inherited over 300 warts when my dad died, plus had probably 3-4 doen of my own. I'm putting 30-40 of them away NIB to never be fished, but the rest are part of my normal rotation. Caught a bunch of cohos on the big lake with them last year, and walleyes on the bay. And though I don't plug fish much anymore on the river, they're one of the top 3 or 4 steelie baits ever.

Love them.

15. ed1054

ed1054

I have fished Wiggle Warts for about 32 years and have a lot of the vintage lures. I still buy them time to time. The ones you bought are not the higher priced ones, but I would buy them at a price a little higher than you paid and have them custom painted. The original crayfish colors bring the best prices.