Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdez June-oct

1K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  brushbuster 
#1 ·
took a seasonal job in Valdez can't pass up the opportunity. how's the fishing what spots to start at? I will be driving my jeep so can get to hard to walk in places? I have zero clue going into to this trip trying to do my research I'd like to do the shoup bay trail. Any time I'm not working I'll be fishing.

#2 ·
Sorry just saw this.
Its been years since I was in Valdez, but I use to fish right off the beach over by the hatchery, fresh run pinks in june and july and silvers in August. There was a lake nearby too, cant remember the name now, but we use to canoe it and catch reds and dollies.

#5 ·
A drive up to the klutina river or gulkana river in glenn allen would be a good time also. The klutina is glacier silt but you can catch kings and reds off the shore. the gulkana is a clear water stream and king fishing is excellent there. its about a 3 hr trip though

#7 ·
I have a book at home that will have valdez fishing spots listed, I will look it up for you. The problem with valdez is almost all the rivers are glacial muddy silt, not much good for fishing. Now if you could get a boat and go out on the bays and coves the fishing is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.