Upper Peninsula Steelhead/Trout Report 5-7-18

Discussion in 'Upper Peninsula Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Superior Outfitter, May 7, 2018.

1. Superior Outfitter

Superior Outfitter Sponsor

What a crazy week it has been in my area. We have a had a wide range of conditions to deal with and many of the rivers are fishing very well now. Steelhead fishing has been fair to excellent depending on the river.The temp's have settled into the 40's across the board, but many rivers are still pretty high at the moment. It is looking like we will have a drawn out run this year that will last well into late May.Water levels on the major trout streams are falling steadily and if the rain holds off we should have some great dry fly action shortly. Hendricksons and caddis should be out in a week to two weeks depending on the river.On the steelhead end of things we have been fishing glo bugs in #8/10 in chartreuse, pink and orange. Pink squirmy worms have been working very well for me also.Spawn under floats has produced and is the most popular tactic, but the hardware bite has turned on also.
    1.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Stubee, upmounty, troutguy26 and 3 others like this.
  2. Munuscool

Munuscool

Beautiful fish! Still trying for my first steelhead of the year on the EUP side. Hoping it won't be too long