close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Upcoming waterfowl events

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Coldwater Charters, Feb 26, 2010.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

The Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and 69th Michigan Duck Hunter's Tournament will take place at the Pointe Mouillee State Game Land located in Brownstown, Michigan, on September 17 and 18.

This is a non-profit Festival held to raise money to continue the on going, and never ended, rehabilitation of one of the largest fresh water estuaries in North America. There is no admission charge. We depend on income from the "Trading Post" and corporate sponsorships for our income.

If anyone is interested in spaces at the Trading Post or in becoming a sponsor you can check it out at http://www.ptemouilleewaterfowlfestival.org at 734-384-3915 and leave a message. I will get back to you as soon as I can. You can also drop me an email at decoyslayer@yahoo.com.

The Monroe Chapter of Ducks Unlimited, along with Michigan Ducks Unlimited is now taken over the duck calling contests. I will be posting more on that soon. We have two qualifying spots for the Stuttgart duck calling championships.

Thank you for you interest and I look forward to hearing from you!

Joe (DecoySlayer) Marra

Board of Directors Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival
    Chairman of the Trading Post Committee

cruiseplanner1 likes this.
  2. roger15055

roger15055

I don't think I have missed one if these shows since I was a young man!!! Love the show we look forward to it every year. Started going to the BAy City show couple three years now and really enjoy that show as well. It's funny we ran into a bunch of hunters that we see at pte mouille during waterfowl season up there. We are sure lucky to have resources like these in our state heck I'm at pte mouille three times a week with our lab throwing dummies from the launch or she looks at you like what you not feeling well let's go!!! Thanks for the Head's up!!!!

3. Big Frank 25

Big Frank 25 Premium Member

Meat Duck Calling Contest

Attached Files:

4. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

The applications for the "Trading Post" at the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and 69th Michigan Duck Hunter's Tournament have gone out. If anyone was expecting to receive a packet, and did not. please drop me a PM here or an email to decoyslayer@yahoo.com.

If there is anyone who would like a packet I will be happy to get you one out right away. It's a great place to sell hunting/fishing equipment that you are no longer using. If anyone is interested in sponsoring the Festival drop me a line.

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

Anyone interested in working at the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and 69th Michigan Duck Hunter's Tournament there is a meeting tonight, and every second Tuesday of the month, at 7PM (1900) It will be held at the headquarters building at Pointe Mouillee. (That is where the draw takes place for those who hunt the managed zones.)

All are welcome. Just ask for Joe Marra (DecoySlayer) or introduce yourself to anyone who is there. We need all the help we can get. We REALLY need people who are young enough to do some of the heavy work.

jsbowman likes this.
  6. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

Have some used sporting goods to sell? A boat? A canoe? Maybe some old decoys? WELL! Now you have a place to sell them! A place where there will be as many as 10K people pass by over just two day?

Buy a booth at the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and 69th Michigan Duck Hunter’s Tournament, on September 16th and 17th. Our Trading Post spots are not expensive, only $30 for one day or $50 for both. Those who visit are looking to purchase what you have to sell.

Check us out at www.ptemouilleewaterfowlfestival.org/.

You can also drop me a PM here. I would be happy to get you set up with a booth!

cruiseplanner1 likes this.
  7. cruiseplanner1

cruiseplanner1

Here is a new event we are holding this year. Hoping to get new waterfowl hunters and old ones to share an afternoon before season begins. Great way to spend an afternoon listening to what opportunity is available in our state and what is going on with wetlands and waterfowl in Michigan. And admission is free.

Attached Files:

8. smokem

smokem

9. cruiseplanner1

cruiseplanner1

This coming Saturday is the first Waterfowl Symposium put on by DU MI DNR Michigan Outdoor News and USFWS. More info is in the attachment below. Free admission and a light lunch is being served by the partners. Hope to see you there!

Attached Files:

10. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

11. tallbear

tallbear

Only a couple more days and "let the fun begin" !!!!!

12. Anas rubripes

Anas rubripes

[​IMG]

Please join us for the 2016 GLARO GUN BASH on Thursday, October 13.

$100 Raffle Ticket - 1 gun raffled off for every 10 tickets sold.

Need not be present to win.

For more information on this event or to purchase tickets, click on the link below.

See you there!

http://www.ducks.org/michigan/events/43425/glaro-gun-bash

[​IMG]

13. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It's almost time for the Monroe County Ducks Unlimited spring dinner! Tickets will be going on sale on the website soon and they sell out FAST! If you are interested now, you can drop me a PM and will put you in touch with the right people. Our dinners are something to be experienced, grab your tickets while there are some still available.

If you are interested in helping, joining our committee, there is a meeting tonight, Jan, 04, 2017, at Friendly Ford, on Telegraph RD, at 1830, 6:30PM. The entrance for the meeting is a door around the back side of the building, it leads into the employee lunch room.

If you need more information today, drop me a PM.

14. Anas rubripes

Anas rubripes

DUCKS UNLIMITED
    CHILI COOK-OFF & FAMILY FUN NIGHT
    Friday, March 10, 2017

For duck hunters and their families!

upload_2017-2-24_9-14-56.jpeg

• Sponsor packages are also available for pre-event purchase online. Check them out here and purchase them on the "Buy Tickets" Link. upload_2017-2-24_9-39-5.jpeg
    • Do you make a darn good chili? Enter your chili for a chance to win the title and great prizes, including an underwritten dinner gun for your home DU chapter! It doesn't cost anything to enter. upload_2017-2-24_9-39-56.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-24_9-40-10.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-24_9-40-27.jpeg

We encourage you to forward this email to friends who you think would enjoy this great family friendly event!

FFL Services provided by Fletcher Firearms in Clinton, MI.

DecoySlayer and cruiseplanner1 like this.
  15. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

This event is a LOT of fun! If you can attend it would be well worth the time and money! There are some great chili cooks that show up and you will be in for a tasty, fun, evening! If you belong to a DU chapter be sure to get a team together, it is SO much fun!