UP fishing vacation with 6 year old Help

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Paddyspub, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Paddyspub

Paddyspub

I'm taking my daughter on vacation through Mackinac to the greater Munising area. In that time my daughter really wants to do some fishing I've got a 14 foot inflatable canoe and all the gear to fish for anything just wondering if anybody had any campsites around lakes that may be a good spot to start? Any additional information like techniques or river fishing options are welcome trying to make this fun for my daughter so bluegills and crappies whatever's easy would be best

2. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

If you are passing through the Sault, there is a kids-only fishing area that is stocked with rainbows two or three time a year. Not sure about this year, but quite often the DNR and FWS release some of their excess brood stock in there too. A little kid fighting a 2' lake trout is exciting to watch!

The pond is a netted off inlet on the river immediately below the Sugar island Ferry, next door to Clyde's Drive-in. Great place to ship watch too. They pass quite close and it is not a tourist hotspot, only a photographers hotspot. FM

3. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

Over the years I had a few greasy(wonderful) burgers and a chocolate malt at Clyde's. Sitting on the bench at the ferry dock just watching the ships roll by. Good evening walleye bite at the dock. It's a real nice park, especially for kids, not many touristas.

4. Crankenstien

Crankenstien

Lake Au Train has lots of pike hanging around weed edges. If the action is not good enough, you can take her to the M28 bridge and jump off into the river. Tis my kids favorite spot for a swim!

KCRuger likes this.