"Unprecedented" Midwest CWD Meeting...

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Wild Thing, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Dang deer just travel to much, no way of stopping cwd. Either forget about cwd or kill every deer in MI= extinction

2. on a call

on a call

That would
    That would be all good if the disease would evaporate, but it will not. It will stay there for a long long time.

My concern is mutation and cross contamination. I feel we are only seeing the beginning.

3. swampbuck

swampbuck

Agreed, they could have used the Data from the NW12. A 1 year spike in antlerless harvest, followed by a precipitous drop to lower than Pre-MARS levels.

Calling this a study takes a pretty big stretch of the imagination, more like special interest payday

We will have a new makeup of the NRC next year, hopefully they will sort it out

motdean and Dale Malusi like this.
  4. Dale Malusi

Dale Malusi Banned

They have been trying to get the restrictions they so dearly want for so long one of the commissioners finally went on the shy to soothe their wounds before he fades into NRC history.
    I guess it's okay to ignore the biologists, even from the MIDNR, if it suits what you desire. I remember what the Mapr leaders were saying before CWD was here, what happened?
    Oh yeah, CWD reared its ugly head here.
    It wasn't supposed to.

motdean likes this.
  5. swampbuck

swampbuck

I agree, that's what it appears to be, a lifeline. They will be spinning the results like a centrifuge. Hopefully the test will be cancelled, when leadership and NRC members change.

On a more positive note, we dont have to listen to that health of the herd B.S. anymore.

motdean likes this.
  6. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

Eighty three counties in Michigan. Only 16 currently have M,aprs and three of them counties may not have them very long. OMG the world is coming to an end. :eek: Get over it and enjoy your season, geeeeeez. ;)

7. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Those 2 members whine and cry about everything.

L & O

8. mbrewer

mbrewer

The one constant is that thoughts and feelings pre-discovery change post discovery. Look at the evolution of the posters here and how their positions have changed once CWD management comes to a place near them.

Might happen to me too someday. If/when it does and my position changes you can all know what I already will, my position will have very little to do what's good for us and a whole lot more of what's good for me.

All you boo hooers and selfish skeptics save a place for me. I can ignore what I don't want to see as well or better than any of you posers.

I should mention that I chose your post to respond to at random because in a thread like this most any post will do. We're all experts at understanding jackshitt.

9. sniper

sniper

I’ll be on pins and needles this fall waiting for the pics and story of the 1.5 yr old disease spreader your gonna shoot. The anticipation is killing me!
    You are gonna do your part to try and contain this disease thing right??

Wild Thing, Dish7 and flinchjerk like this.
  10. mbrewer

mbrewer

Kindergarten logic has it's place and value. A grownassman's reliance upon it, not so much.

FREEPOP likes this.
  11. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

I do not see where believing bedtime boogeyman stories put forth by those with a near extermination agenda is any better of a tactic. Go ahead kill all of YOUR sparkies and does. I will be saving mine for a later date. Only thing CWD has changed for my freezer is to not eat the bruiser until the test comes back. Thus far I have been able to eat them all, even the six that came from the "scary nightmare" zone. Not all scary monsters reside under your bed apparently. Some obviously reside permanently rent free in your head.

12. mbrewer

mbrewer

More straw man based assumptions.

13. flinchjerk

flinchjerk

I have personally killed more deer in this state in the last couple of years than CWD ever has combined. I think that strawman is hiding under your bed. Don't let him get your toes tonight.

14. mbrewer

mbrewer

Red Herring

motdean likes this.
  15. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

"than CWD ever has combined." Are you meaning all states/provinces ? Pretty sure no one has any idea how many actually die from CWD. Also quite sure that few have died from CWD in Michigan since it is quite new here and most deer die young.
    Only 2 showing symptoms and killed/tested and found to be positive is what I remember.
    To date 120 have tested positive with CWD in Michigan. Roughly 1 for every 500 tested.

L & O

motdean likes this.