Unmarked Tip-ups

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Kidd17, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hart

Hart

Your constitutional right to due process means you ALWAYS get a chance to tell your side of the story when you've been charged with any violation of law, regardless of whether it's classified as a CI, a misdemeanor or a felony. This isn't Russia...................................yet.

You clearly can't ask yourself questions, so that's not part of the equation. In a jury trial, you'd make your case in your opening statement and closing argument. You'd build your case in between by asking the appropriate questions of the law enforcement officer on the stand.
    And as any first year law student will tell you: you don't ask any question you don't already know the answer to.

2. Hart

Hart

Is that a swastika on your forehead?

3. ibthetrout

ibthetrout

my avatar.......ah! I never noticed it does kind of look like that. Time for an updated pic for sure!

Hart likes this.
  4. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

I'm closing this thread.

The law was stated. CO gave his thoughts on use by multiple users. I see know reason to continue.

4h20 and scooter_trasher like this.
  5. dead short

dead short Mods

I think you're pretty safe in your set up.

Hart likes this.
  6. dead short

dead short Mods

This is correct. When a violation, a misdemeanor in this situation, goes to trial it can either be a jury trial or a bench trial. A bench trial is essentially the same as an informal hearing in the magistrates office for a civil infraction only it is conducted by the judge in the district court. No need for attorneys, the judge asks questions, the defendant is able to ask questions of the officer and the officer can ask questions of the defendant.

Hart, Crawfish and DirtySteve like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.