Tyson vs Jones Jr fight

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by stickman1978, Nov 27, 2020.

1. loomis82

loomis82

He would mess up any of us on here I'm pretty sure!! I'm 6'3 235 and f no I wouldn't stand a chance in hell and I wouldn't consider myself weak. Now if I got paid what they are sure I'll go in there and get knocked the hell out! Just make it quick! And no body shots!!

2. rippin lip

rippin lip

3. Macs13

Macs13

4. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

Not likely.

With 12oz gloves, I doubt I could even make him blink if I stayed within the rules of boxing. I suspect Mike would put me to sleep within 30 seconds.

5. Macs13

Macs13

I'm guessing that Mike being a pothead isn't too much different than what the athletes are doing nowadays. Lol. Also, I doubt Mike does a whole lot of actual farming.

I love Iron Mike, but he's no Randy Marsh. Tegridy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
    View attachment 609309

6. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

My point is that Mike has mellowed over the years. Seems like a pretty cool dude these days. Far different than the guy that inspired terror 30 to 35 years ago.

Smoking good Indica helps with the temperament. Doesn't mean that he still can't crank that short stiff right uppercut.

Nice memory stroll there:

upload_2020-11-28_13-19-49.png

7. Macs13

Macs13

Sure enough. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. I was mostly being a smart ass as per usual, lol. I'm too damn cheap to spend $50 to see it live, though. If you're watching it tonight, enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

I'm way to cheap to pay as well. I settle for the highlights whenever they are available.

sureshot006 likes this.
  9. loomis82

loomis82

They'll be in YouTube before you know it!

jiggin is livin and TK81 like this.
  10. Hackman

Hackman

As professional boxers they both are washed up and should not return. When you study Tyson career he had a great trainer that taught a style that was excellent defensively and maximized his power. He also was put into fights early in his career that were very well calculated that would lead to him being very successful. Rather see him stay retired, remember him as he was in the 80's.

11. piketroller

piketroller

This would have been the only boxing match worth $50 on PPV in the year 2020.

A11D71E0-21B3-45F8-A0B7-FB217DB3910F.jpeg

LuckyBucks, Brian W., TK81 and 5 others like this.
  12. Fishndude

Fishndude

There is a very real argument that Cus D'amato was the only reason Mike Tyson was as successful as he was. Cus was an incredible Boxing Trainer, and he molded Iron Mike from the age of 16, to become a World Champ. When Cus passed, it didn't take a long time for Mike's game to fall apart.

bobsbeads likes this.
  13. wannabapro

wannabapro

Tyson looked great to me. Showed great form and movement. Hard to say how much Jones was holding back but through the first several rounds it looked to me like Tyson could have killed him if he wanted to.

14. Punisher69

Punisher69

Tyson still looked pretty good,Jones,not so much. The decision was a draw,but Tyson clearly won the fight,and they went the whole 8 rounds,2 minutes each. Jones was gassed after the first round but Tyson looked alright through 8. He still looked like he could hurt a lot of people,which Jones said after the fight that every punch he got hit with hurt. He didn't sound like he wanted a rematch either after Tyson suggested it lol.

cwk33041 and stickman1978 like this.
  15. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

So it was a decent sparring match?