close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trump's IQ Test

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by Riva, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

How would your feel about that farmer replacing your hip?

Being trained for the job you do has value.

petronius and jps like this.
  2. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin

Apple meet orange.

Our government is supposed to be "for the people BY the people". That is a far cry from what we have today. Your comparison couldn't be further from the discussion.

zzcop302 likes this.

3. Being totally honest, I always root for Michigan and MSU so long as they are not playing ND.

Yes, derTrumpster is an endless source of material. Why, even today, he shared that he is going to cut cords with Puerto Rico. Perhaps he can cut cords with New York and install himself as Emperor for life of New Trumponia.

As for crossbows, I am still getting checks each month from those filthy crossbow manufacturers and it's been 9 years. It's called turn an amateur hobbyist into a highly-paid lobbyist. Greed is good.

Really can't respond to the fact that Sovrano Limoncello coincides with the drinking habits of this particular audience. I have been advised by the powers that be herein, to lower my subliminal promotions surrounding my products, Sovrano Limoncello and Sovrano Cream Limoncello.

Finally and most importantly, thank you for the kind words on the birth of my first grandchild. Mom and baby are doing great. They've already given him a name:
    Jubilation T. Cornpone d'Riva.

petronius, jps and TK81 like this.
  4. zzcop302

zzcop302

How would I feel?
    Probably about like I do being forced to use Obama care for that hip replacement you mention.
    Your analogy is somewhat nonsensical.
    As far as “being trained for the job “ that just sounds like the school of “politics as usual” that most current politicians have attended.... which I think is one of the main reasons why our current POTUS was elected.....he’s shaking that up whether some dislike and disagree with him.... he’s not playing by the old politicial play book.

TK81 and jiggin is livin like this.
  5. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

I would say that thinking there are special skills needed to govern is what is nonsensical. No you do not need a degree in government but you do have to understand how government works. You have to understand the constitution. You do have to understand the cost of laws and their benefits. You do have to understand the economics of government. You do have to understand how to work as a team.

The Electoral College was created to prevent people who did not have those basic understanding from becoming president. Senators were named by the states for the same reason. Your founding fathers did not want farm hands running the government.

That system served us fairly well. Or do you not think we are the greatest country on earth?

jps likes this.
  6. zzcop302

zzcop302

Thanks for the civics lesson.
    And yes.... I do think we are the greatest country on earth and I’m proud to be an American.
    As to the rest of your reply,
    I don’t recall ever reading where the founding fathers stated that they didn’t want farm hands as President.....
    I’m hoping you will show me where they stated that.
    BTW, we had several presidents who were farmers....and a rail splitter... some of those menial laborers made some pretty good Presidents.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  7. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

Really name a president that had not held a political office or was a HIGH ranking military officer. PLEASE.

8. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

While I am at it: two elections ago you could not vote for the man if you had a brain in your head because he had only been a state senator and US Senator and taught constitutional law. Now it is a virtue to have no experience or understanding.

I am pretty sure Hunter62 could look up some quotes for you if you asked him nicely.

9. eyepod

eyepod

Here you go. trump-points-e1504211493760[1].jpg

10. zzcop302

zzcop302

You sure shift gears........
    I’ll be glad to answer that when you answer my previous question to you that is still unanswered.....
    Where did the founding fathers state they didn’t want farm hands as President....
    Take your time..... I’ll wait.

11. zzcop302

zzcop302

But apparently many didn’t have a brain in their head because look who got elected.
    Hey, have you found the answer for the founding fathers stating they didn’t want a farmer as a President?
    Take your time.

12. Northernfisher

Northernfisher

I believe I already laid that out. The electoral college and that US Senators were not elected by directly by the people.
    The wanted educated people to run the country. I believe it was Federalist Paper 28 where Hamilton laid out the reasons for the electoral college. Read and tell me that he wanted people who where not schooled in governance to run the country. It is not the job they held but the education they held that was important. That education did not have to be formal as was in case for Lincoln and Truman.

13. zzcop302

zzcop302

Again, show me where the founding fathers stated they did not want farmers to become president.....Save all the other stuff until you provide an answer to what you originally stated..... I’ve never come across it.

14. petronius

petronius

15. RMH

RMH Premium Member