Trash on the ice!

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by TheBudMancommeth, Feb 11, 2018.

1. TheBudMancommeth

TheBudMancommeth

I just don’t get how people can do what they do and sleep at night...I try and leave ice like I found it...
    Rant over!

2. june bugger

june bugger

sleep well, I never felt better till I quit worrying about what others do

3. wpmisport

wpmisport

There is no point in not picking up your stuff. Seen it many times and will clean it up when I can.

TheBudMancommeth likes this.
  4. jiggerjarvi

jiggerjarvi

I find/found if you pick up what you come across and throw it out, the correct way, it’ll make you feel better bout yourself, and forget about the POS that you’ll never change.

I’ve got a half dozen of them at work, funny to see them reach into a pocket and pull out sh$t that they tossed a few days earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. matinc

matinc

Look around look at people's yards. Hmmm maybe those people who receive free money for the rest of their lives could be putting in 40 hours a week cleaning it up. The 90 percent who can walk n talk n chew gum yet watch people with amputated limbs run marathons. Add Obama phone Medicare food stamps section 8 and the list goes on. So are the polluters any better.

Tankster likes this.
  6. leadbelly

leadbelly

my mom must be a terrible person. Raised three kids on her own. No child support or anyone to help her. She always had a job but there was times she needed a little extra help. I know what is like to have only a bag of chips, a jar of pickles. And some government cheese to eat. How about you??? I doubt it. But she struggled on raised three kids got her bachelor's degree at youngstown state University. In civil engineering. So don't worry she raised her little welfare kids not to litter.

7. leadbelly

leadbelly

And no I didn't have a deadbeat dad. He lost his life in an accident driving home to Youngstown from his steel mill job in Cleveland

Bay BornNRaised and unclecrash like this.
  8. matinc

matinc

She must be a great person. That's awesome. You should be proud. Sorry about your dad. However I am talking about the I getters for life and there is a big distinction. Oh I was at stop light and got rear ended at 60 mph by a semi and totalled the car in front of me. Not as bad losing your dad granted.

9. Fishontippydam

Fishontippydam

Someone must have been out smelt fishing. I've noticed so much more littering lately. I recently decided to take extra trash bags in my pocket. Found out if you add shopping/trash bags to your pockets, your hands warm up way faster. Can fill them up with people's trash before heading in too.

matinc likes this.
  10. Dkarston

Dkarston

Last ice season i was on a inland lake, seen 2 mountain dew bottles on the ice, stopped to pick them up, and right next to one bottle was a jig box full of really nice tugsten jigs. Got the jigs back to orig owner, come to find out hes a professional fishing guide. He took me and my dad salmon fishing this last fall free of charge. So it definitely pays to clean up after people who make a mess.

Fishing1 likes this.
  11. jimbo

jimbo

right next to the bottles, i would have assumed they belonged to the same guy & kept the jigs as a fine for littering

Bay BornNRaised likes this.