Tough day for bass on LSC Saturday

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by Slimshady, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Hollada

Hollada

Send me those spots and you’ll see a Bassboat on them Thursday or Friday. PM is fine lol

and I promise not to keep too many perch...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Joe Archer and Chris Kerbrat like this.
  2. Hollada

Hollada

That classic extended arm bass above went 6.2 lbs. but I don’t think his arms were extended much

3. Old lund

Old lund

I wasn’t so much referring to your post ,more of most pictures of fish the arms get extended out to make the fish look bigger it’s done with deer too

Hollada likes this.
  4. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The team that won was fishing the edge of main lake channel from what I heard.

I think part of the reason you are seeing anglers in odd places is because of the US water restriction. The tournament directors are disqualifying anyone who leaves US waters. Saturday there was a BFL with 150 boats and a college tournament with atleast 60 boats. Also there was a highschool Bassmaster open this coming weekend that was recently cancelled. There were close to 300 boats from around the country scheduled to be in that. A few of them had plans to come for the week sp I think a few did anyway despite the cancellation. There is state Bassnation highschool circuit this sunday that will have 80 boats or more.

All those boats cannot fish their normal canadien spots so people are trying new places to get on fresh fish.

Hollada likes this.
  5. piketroller

piketroller

Thank you captain obvious. You posted last Friday about all the tourneys going on, so I was expecting to see a lot of boats.

6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The point i was trying to make (maybe I was too long winded) the tournaments are being forced into areas they typically arent fishing this time of year because the tournament directors are not allowing Canadian waters. So with all the boats they are confined to 1/3 the area they typically fish. People are looking for fish that arent pressured.

7. piketroller

piketroller

The point I made in my original post was that people had to resort to to fishing in some odd places due to much of the water now being off limit, and some of them had chosen poorly. I think you have repeated this in some form several times now.

8. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Ok well this was the post I quoted and i didnt get that message at all from these words. If i missed something earlier i apologize.

"Saw lots of tourney boats out Saturday morning fishing in some strange places around Russel Island. I figured I’d see a lot of guys dropshotting the main channels after seeing about 20 hours of TV coverage last weekend of the pros doing that on the St Lawrence River. I guess they missed that."

9. #1wallygator

#1wallygator

Nice fish, great color markings.

10. piketroller

piketroller

I got you to read between the lines without even realizing it. No worries.

11. Sparky23

Sparky23

All the talking crap about them in bad waters and the bfl took just over 25lbs for best 5 to win. Amd over 22lbs to cash a check. Id say those odd waters paid off.

Hollada likes this.
  12. hawkeye68

hawkeye68

i agree with you...but it took 19.3 to cash a check on the boater side

Sparky23 likes this.
  13. Slimshady

Slimshady

The winners weren't fishing in those "odd waters" that Piketroller was referring to. From what I heard, most of the guys who did well were out in the lake by the "ditch". The lake always produces size. If you have enough time to search for them and find them, you can do well. My issue is, I only have a few hours to fish and I can spend 3/4 of that trying to find them.

bigbucks160 likes this.
  14. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Our biggest came from the "ditch".

15. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I agree. One thing I will say is the guys who typically finish at the top did not do so well so it kind of leveled the playing field a little. Those consistent check cashers couldnt fish their usual areas that they would normally fish this time of year.

bigbucks160, Hollada and Sparky23 like this.