Todd Farm 2017 offical

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by West side shooter, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Highball28

Highball28

Think I'm going ice fishing while there's some safe ice. Looks a little sunny on Saturday.

2. West side shooter

West side shooter

Decent day until that sun came out, more birds working in from the east than I thought there would be as well. Count still says 5K, but seems like less.
    Did see some snows today though.

3. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

Are there even birds there? Drove by yesterday around 3 and there were more deer than geese on the farm.

4. jvanluyn

jvanluyn

It was bad yesterday. Someone said that the count was 5000 on Saturday and they said it looked like less. I was there yesterday and the could was 7600, but I don’t think that is even close. We heard a few shots, but it was blue skies and sunny the whole morning. What birds were there hung out at the farm hq, and at on point they all headed south and looked to have landed down in the marsh in front of 7. We left at noon since I didn’t see anything than have me high hopes for the next 2 hours. Absolutely no birds in the fields when we turned our card in so they must have gone down to the marsh to loaf.

5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Ouch. Thanks for the (brutally) honest report.

6. West side shooter

West side shooter

We are heading out thursday to see if this snow has helped things any. Based on the amount of birds I saw there last weekend, it might be a slow couple weeks to the end of late season

notime likes this.
  7. West side shooter

West side shooter

Stiff wind and falling temps made for a long afternoon. Even longer when your neighbors decide to shoot at everything under 90yds- even if it's setting up on your decoys. For everyone wondering, there are good birds at the Farm yet, but it's definitely not easy hunting right now. We will be back out Saturday morning.

8. Highball28

Highball28

What makes it hard? Weather? Bird patterns? I think we're done for the year but could be talked into going back out but am currently battling strep throat.

9. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

The top things that have ruined my hunts are idiots, not being patient and sitting it out, idiots, picking the wrong spot, idiots, missing easy shots, and more idiots. Looking back on the last few years bad draws, weather, bird counts have not caused as many issues as the above.

West side shooter likes this.
  10. West side shooter

West side shooter

Bird patterns are more difficult to predict, but mostly idiots shooting at anything they think is a goose. Don't get me wrong, we are still "in it for the long haul" but watching one group sail 3 cripples and not even look for them is frustrating.

11. steelfish365

steelfish365

700 parties? Redraw 200? Sorry I had to. Lol it was a lot different back then but no where near what people claim it to be. Actually we kill a lot less geese now but the average is the same now as it was then. Oct. 18 opener. A little over 500 parties between Farm and Highbanks total and a little over 200 geese shot.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517673588.313326.jpg

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1517673610.033923.jpg

West side shooter and Highball28 like this.
  12. West side shooter

West side shooter

Tough/slow day saturday. Drew 19th and headed for the east side. Nothing working out of the farm before 2pm, birds that came into the farm were about a mile high. Don't know if the weather will co-operate this week or if the rest of the season will be the same.

Far Beyond Driven likes this.
  13. maxloadBBB

maxloadBBB

Jeff had said end of January he was retiring, is he in fact gone now after all these years of him handing out the cards and stamping tickets? He knew every square inch of that place, won't be the same without him.

14. jvanluyn

jvanluyn

Anyone been out this week? Has bird count gone back up at all? I’m thinking about going this weekend, but the last few hunts haven’t been very encouraging for me to go back.

15. notime

notime

Have some friends going saturday that are supposed to let me know. I am planning on Sunday as my last trip there this year.