close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Todd Farm 2017 offical

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by West side shooter, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Fowl Play

Fowl Play

I remember opening day 1986. There was, 700 parties. We got redraw 200 something. Was in 5c by 10am, back to the office by 10:30. We were the 5th group in that zone. Lol. We hunted there from 1981 to 1996. I DO NOT miss it. Great memories formed but I do not miss hunting there.

2. West side shooter

West side shooter

we are deploying our panel blind this weekend for the first time, but have had success with one in the past. the panel blind fits between the rows with not a lot of messing around, might be just enough snow to use the snow camo for the weekend as well

Mallat Bawb likes this.

3. Highball28

Highball28

This one didn't make it past the ol Mossberg 500 today! Circled once came over the corn and hovered out over top of the decoys right to left.. swing out like he was gonna make another pass or bee line it toward the refuge and I decided to take the shot in fear that option B was his plan... Good day for pretty much every side of the farm. More than a few birds killed today for sure.

[​IMG]

4. West side shooter

West side shooter

It was an amazing hunt today, we had zero expectations going in and ended up with a pretty good day. Todd Farm birds will decoy, just have to give them a chance!

Attached Files:

Highball28 and Jdhunttrapfish like this.
  5. Highball28

Highball28

And also a huge shout-out to my buddy whom after I left my yeti mug in the corn went BACK to fennville later in the day to find it. It was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend and meant a lot. What a champ, without him I would've had to drop another $60 buying the mug and the yeti and ducks unlimited stickers to put it on and try to pass off as the same mug to my girlfriend... Needless to say Blue goose breakfast is on me next week!

6. sovaa4307

sovaa4307

Heading to the Todd now had 2 guys back out. If anybody wants to team up that'd be cool.

7. notime

notime

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to get tree stands pulled down. Great job guys

8. jvanluyn

jvanluyn

So who flipped the switch from yesterday to today? 48 kills on Saturday and I would think a whole lot less today from what I was hearing/seeing.

9. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

How many parties this weekend? Thinking of coming out if semi retirement.

10. Highball28

Highball28

30 some on Saturday

11. jvanluyn

jvanluyn

Less than that today.

12. notime

notime

Heading out Sunday for sure this weekend, just not sure about Saturday. Thinking this warm up is gonna get things going

13. Highball28

Highball28

I'll be there Saturday and Monday. I'm hoping the same. Anybody got a bird count?

14. West side shooter

West side shooter

We will be out saturday morning

15. notime

notime

would be nice if Lansing could keep the counts updated in the wetland wonders page. Haven't seen an update to that since mid December