close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Todd Farm 2017 offical

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by West side shooter, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Highball28

Highball28

7,000 birds. 90% of the creek is frozen and a lot moved out.

2. Highball28

Highball28

Was there yesterday. Got a good draw and went NE. Could've tried on a few that would've been pokes in the last hour. Had birds that wanted to work throughout the day but they all had to fight a really tough SW wind (in my face) and they just couldn't get down low enough to land and figured it wasn't worth it. Went home with the goose egg but watched west side and their group knock down a triple in the last hour, nice shooting boys!

West side shooter likes this.

3. West side shooter

West side shooter

at least you were there, I was stuck at work! they ended up with 5 total, said it was a tough hunt though

4. spartansfan

spartansfan

I have a question for you west side guys. This is the most amount of snow I've seen since moving over here to sw mi. How deep of snow do you see geese willing to consistently feed in? Do birds typically trickle back in after the rivers open back up? Asking because I've had my most luck out here during the late season and my typically late locals have vacated for the time being.

5. grassmaster

grassmaster

over 12 inches of snow and lows under 20 for 7-10 days and you want to be in Ballard County Kentucky ! look at the band reports , there's a reason they can call geese down there.

6. Mallat Bawb

Mallat Bawb

Seems like a lot of Geese will fly to a field & sit right down. They may not even feed in the field, and more or less just loaf in the field most of the day & sleep. Due to lack of water the fields will become the loaf as well. The TF with the tall corn they will use the high snow to get at some of the stalks they couldn't get to with no snow. Expect more to fly when it's snowing & other then that until a warm up they may only move in the afternoon when it's not snowing out. I think if we get a thaw & run in the mid 30's to mid 40's you'll see some rivers thaw a bit, and the geese will start to move around & find that water they have been missing for about 3 weeks now... lol

7. TNL

TNL

Looking at 37* and rain Thursday. Might flip the switch.

8. Highball28

Highball28

Going tomorrow morning. Don't know why. It's kinda just an obligation at this point... But yes next week should be interesting.

West side shooter likes this.
  9. Highball28

Highball28

Finally had a good hunt. Should've walked out with our six but had some gun malfunction and birds on the edge that didn't 100% close and weren't gonna come closer. We shot our 4 birds right in our faces. And had another one go down 20 yards into the refuge. NE side of road. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Highball28

Highball28

Highlights were me killing two geese with two shots in the first flock and me and my buddy hitting the calls hard on a refuge bound single that came right in for my buddy to punch into a mid air summersalt at 15 yards with a single blow... It's just really nice when it finally all comes together.

11. West side shooter

West side shooter

Nice shooting! You guys have been due for a good day

Highball28 and Far Beyond Driven like this.
  12. craigrh13

craigrh13

Seen a pic on FB of a group out there that had a good shoot this weekend. Looked like they had close to 20 birds.

Mallat Bawb likes this.
  13. Mallat Bawb

Mallat Bawb

Yeah they had a heck of a shoot! Majority were in the decoys under 30 yards. There wasn't a ton of geese shot this past weekend, but certain zones put up some good numbers!

14. craigrh13

craigrh13

Sounded like they even were picked around 15th. I guess that just goes to show you that first pick doesn’t mean a guarantee.

Mallat Bawb likes this.
  15. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Drawn 27/30, 21/23, and 15/47 this year. Killed birds every time. Truly amazed at some of the zones people pick with high draws. The first two hunts I got the zone I wanted, the last one I was one zone away from my top pick.

Granted if I was picked higher there were other zones I would have considered, but those are top five picks every day.