close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tis the night before season,,,,

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by solohunter, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

1. solohunter

solohunter

I finished an elaborate blind last year that is 1/2 mile off the main road on private land, the blind includes a bunk bed, heat, stove, and TV/DVD and toilet/mini septic tank ect,, none is to code but very cozy. now that I have drawn the picture my question is it legal to sleep in the blind the night before opener?? or any night during season?? I primarily bow hunt but if the freezers still empty will rifle hunt as well. ???

2. petronius

petronius

Sure it is legal to sleep in your mini condo. It is legal to camp on state land before and during deer season, so it would be no different on private land. Many hunters set up camp with a tent or camper during hunting season.

3. U D

U D

Yes, you can sleep in your blind. You must obey shooting times and all other hunting regulations.

4. solohunter

solohunter

I was told there might be some laws about being in actually hunting blind armed after hours ect?? it does have an IR security camera that runs thru the TV,,,, :) and a motion detector,,,,,,,,

5. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Post some pictures of the condo. 30 years ago we had a blind with a lazy boy and a magazine rack in it. We were so cool...

6. GIDEON

GIDEON

Now I have heard of almost everything, unbelieveable

7. Redbad

Redbad

Assuming the blind is on your private land, or private land which you have permission to be on, so long as you observe the other regulations regarding hunting (hours, etc) you should be all right.

8. petronius

petronius

I am curious who told you there might be laws against it.
    It is no different than being armed in your own house during hunting hours and planning to hunt your property in the morning.

9. solohunter

solohunter

Attached Files:

10. solohunter

solohunter

As it was put to me bY another hunter who had a friend ticketed for after hours hunting, being out in his blind on a moonlite night,,,, attempted poaching,, have not believed everything out a his.mouth before and sensed a little geliousy over being able to wake up in blind

11. solohunter

solohunter

KIMG1371.jpg movie time KIMG1268.jpg 4x8 deck,, 4/ft up,, lock and deadbolted

6Speed likes this.
  12. petronius

petronius

If the firearm was unloaded and cased or the bow cased, how would anyone be hunting?

hawgeye, jimp and solohunter like this.
  13. jmoser

jmoser

More likely the local building code enforcement will cite you for not having a CO in that 'blind' of yours . . . the next aerial survey will jack up your property taxes !!!

14. solohunter

solohunter

Top of the deck and steps are forest green, roof is in three colors to break up outline and its a green x2 blind, solar panels w rechargeable s, gutters collect rain water for toilet, looking at the tin can under glass heater system this year,,,,