Tip ups and spearing at the same time?

Discussion in 'Darkhouse Spearing' started by Qutwrkgofsh, May 4, 2018.

1. Qutwrkgofsh

Qutwrkgofsh

So I've been watching videos on YouTube and I've seen some people running tip ups while spear fishing. Is this legal to do? It doesn't make much sense to me. I would think that you would do one or the other. Wouldn't you want to spear a big fish but if the fish sets off your tip up it might not come in the spear hole because it just had a traumatizing experience of being caught and released. Idk... I just feel like it should be one or the other.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Decoy Hound likes this.
  2. one more

one more

It’s legal as long as you are within your limit of hook and lines in the water.
    Only time I ever do it is when the kids are with me and only if they ask to do it. They enjoy chasing flags also and breaks up the boredom if not much is happening in the shack.
    Tip ups while spearing is like putting a bait pile in the woods where you can’t see it while deer hunting.

3. michael marrs

michael marrs

i used to do both, but would think, a fish is in my hole right now, while i am chasing this flag. however, I have used it as a scouting tool, for a move of the shack

Decoy Hound and Bucman like this.
  4. Bucman

Bucman

I won’t do it. Takes time away from my hole as said. I don’t even like peeing outside. Only time I leave the view of the hole is to take pictures of other guys 40” fish!! :(

5. jasonmichalski

jasonmichalski Darkhouse Ninja

Lol!! !!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Bucman likes this.
  6. AllSpecieAngler

AllSpecieAngler

You do take some damn nice pictures of those fish! Your turn is coming. Only use tip ups if they are set for other species of fish. I get zero pleasure out of tip up fishing.

WB 10