close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tip for guide

Discussion in 'MichiganBear.com' started by mkubiak, Aug 30, 2017.

1. mkubiak

mkubiak

Guys,

I was just wondering what an acceptable tip is for a guide hunting over baits in maine. Not made of $ but not wanting to offend anyone for the hard work that he put in for us!

The reason i am asking is because i have no clue what is customary.

2 out of 4 of us from MI harvested our first bear!

Thanks in advance. Good luck

2. welldriller

welldriller Premium Member

My first bear I harvested was with a guide I tipped him, his dad, and another guy a hundred each. The hunt was very reasonable, and I had a very good time the bear was a bonus.

Forest Meister likes this.

3. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Tip enough so that when you recall the memories of the hunt you won't feel regret. An extra $50 or $100 now won't make any difference to your pocket book a year or five or ten down the road but being stingy with a hard worker can weigh on you a long time.

Unless the guide is a real jerk, being somewhat generous really encourages hard work if there is ever a second hunt. FM

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Don't forget to tip the cook or anyone else who helps during your trip.

5. UplandHntr

UplandHntr

and if the outfitter has 4 helpers? They all get 15% of what the hunt costs? Suddenly you're approaching double the cost of the hunt. If the outfitter splits the 15% with 4 other guys, suddenly everyone only gets $25 +/-.

6. MAP1

MAP1

too funny

7. Callinalldeer

Callinalldeer

Wow,some hunters give excellent tips. Come hunt with me,lol. A nice bedroom for each hunter or bring your wife/ girl friend. Small operation to keep .
    New cedar bathroom with world pool tub 42 jets. Baiting two zones year after year.
    Ozonic for every hunter and video cams to catch the hunt. Limit three hunters and only three hunts for the spring season April15 - June 26