Ticks???

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by mattm, Jun 8, 2020.

1. GDLUCK

GDLUCK

found them this weekend on the west side of state. every spot we went. woke up with one latched on to my arm i must have missed.

2. Shake N Blake

Shake N Blake

3. Stand By

Stand By

Got one yesterday and know of one before the weather turned. Close to the au sable valley, below Mio.

4. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Been in the UP dickinson county area the last 3 days. 23 degrees Thursday night when we camped. Woke up to 2" of snow this morning. Found 5 ticks crawling on the dog tonight.

5. Stand By

Stand By

Well, even though I've been trying to monitor, I guess I wasn't the only one with a stowaway after the last trip. The one I mentioned earlier was crawling on me under my clothes. This morning I found one attached to Gibby's forhead. I got it off intact, but it was already swollen a little bigger than a grain of cooked rice. Had to get into work, so I'll have to go over her again tonight. Probably call the vet tomorrow and see if I need to get her something on my next day off Tuesday. I was right about the 30 day window since her last splash of bug dope. Guess I'm gonna have to try one of the others mentioned or do treatments more frequently.

6. ryan-b

ryan-b

Haven’t found a single tick in NWLP this season. They were everywhere the past two years

7. Stand By

Stand By

I got hit with them in Antrim County last year. Usually see a bunch up in the Pigeon, but didn't get any last trip, though it was wet.

8. birdhntr

birdhntr

Glad to see I didn't come across any from pigeon.Spent four days up there.My clothes are treated with permethrin and the dogs are wearing soresto collars.Two collars are at the end of effectiveness and I was concerned a bit thinking about it.

9. Stand By

Stand By

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll try your collar idea. The Pigeon/Joberg/Buttles areas can be bad in the summer. We have a had a couple good,, but short freezes already this year. Probably make another trip into the pigeon later this week or next weekend. I have yet to get any ticks out of the Deward area, though. Probably won't be hitting that area much more anyway. Gets a lot of pressure. Maybe all the ticks there have already jumped into the crowds before I got there?