THP crew gets it done in North Dakota

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Hookslinger, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Bow hunter on a Mission

Bow hunter on a Mission

That’s some of the coolest looking deer terrain I’ve seen. Might have to consider a hunt out there sometime.

2. motdean

motdean

@Hookslinger

It's all your fault. :D
    I got tired of watching the non-stop infomercials that come along with deer hunting video's.
    The last several mornings while riding the bike or walking the treadmill I have become a fervent viewer of their videos.

They are highly entertaining.

3. Bowhunt

Bowhunt

Highly recommend watching the last two THP episodes. Pretty entertaining. Aaron got it done in a typical THP way. They sure now how to get on good bucks.

Roman1, LuckyBucks and U of M Fan like this.
  4. Slimits

Slimits

Doesnt hurt to live in iowa. Also their job is to hunt and scout. Not taking anything away from what they do but itd be hard to match the amount of time they put in with any job at all

Fissshh On! and jiggin is livin like this.
  5. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

They live in iowa but they shoot alot of deer from nebraska, north dakota, ohio, and even a spot and stalk in NY last year....first time they ever hunted the state.

Check out zacks hunt from NY. He had a rough go of it for 5 days but he figured it out and shot a pretty impressive buck on the ground stalkingnit for hrs in tall grass. He did it with 0 scouting before season. He went out thereand stayed an old buddy who lives there and hunts it. He ignored the guys tips and hunted his style.

6. Slimits

Slimits

Dont disagree with you but the normal guy can take one trip like that a year. These guys are doing trip after trip which really helps with learning

7. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

They were once normal guys too... then they took it to the next level. Anyone has the oppurtunity to do the same.

The spot and stalk hunts are pretty incredible.

Probably the best hunting show out right now but the couple episodes where they ran after deer makes me want to throw my beer at the tv. :Protest_e

8. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

LOL! Right!?

Wtf.

Whitetail_hunter and Sparky23 like this.
  9. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I was thinking WTH are you doing when I saw Jake take off running. Thought maybe excitement got the best of him. Then Aaron did it.

10. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

They get it done. Greta show. Odds are in there favor as much as they are in woods. Zacs ny buck was pure luck. Truck scared it right to him. I dont agree with a lot but have also learned and made me think about a lot by watching show. Few of the guys are very good. A few hunt a lot.

11. Slimits

Slimits

I bet they have close to 90 days of hunting or more per year and add in more for scouting. No one hunts as much as they do.

Sparky23 likes this.
  12. Bowhunt

Bowhunt

OGB does. Lol

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Their jobs is to hunt and produce videos. Yes, they are going to spend a lot of time in the field. Many people find these guys entertaining and enjoy watching the videos. What’s your beef? They chose that profession and our just everyday guys. They have shown their houses, their cars, their boats... these guys aren’t rolling in cash. They don’t have prime private real estate, the one advantage they do have is they spend a ton of time in the woods. With this, they are willing to share how they approach their hunt, how they set up, and even the good and the bad. People appreciate that and find it relatable. Nobody is disputing these guys get to spend a lot of time doing what we all love. Heck, I don’t agree with all what they do, but I find it entertaining and enjoyable enough to watch their videos.

jrose, thill, bigmayer and 4 others like this.
  13. pgpn123

pgpn123

He also mentioned the need for a fixed and not a mechanical head. The NY shot went through tall weeds as well. Both were pass throughs. He said he practiced in Nebraska or somewhere shooting through sunflowers and got a good idea what he could expect. Hitting woody browse might have a different ending, but I think he's taking responsible shots. jmo

14. shumhow

shumhow

THP guys get it done for sure. They’ve changed my view of hunting public ground and how to go about it. The thing I really like is they seem genuinely excited when they get a deer down and don’t hold back. I like meat eater too, but it seems on that show there is never that natural excitement (high fiving etc). It’s almost like they purposely downplay it for some reason....

15. lreigler

lreigler

I enjoy all the production as well. I think they show you pretty well if you were to go out of state to hunt what you could reasonably expect. One piece they have in their favor that most of us don’t have is on the out of state hunts they typically have four or five guys, yet only one or two tags. Greatly increasing the chances by having more guys scouting/glassing. If you went out of state with three buddies and had them always looking at new pieces with new sign you’d greatly increase your chances. Not a knock just an observation.