Thoughts on making a cowbell like set-up?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sgc, Sep 23, 2020.

1. sgc

sgc

Thinking of targeting some inland lake splake using cleos or spinners. It was recommended to use cowbells. When I google cowbells, Hammerhead cowbells come up. I have a lot of spinner blades around and beads and swivels. I was wondering if I couldn't just make a cowbell look a like as an attracter to use ahead of the lure? Also are there like line crampons to stop spinners from sliding up and down line?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

Also, out East they use inline spinners behind a dodger. I’ve been trying to convince my brother to try that on Lake Michigan for lake trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175 Premium Member

ive used them but not with great luck. A wicked lures trout killer will out catch it 20-1. Hell I have a ton of dbl bladed hildebrantds is just give yah.

4. sgc

sgc

How do you get your wicked lure trout killer down to say 20 feet?

5. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175 Premium Member

Killer at any ft’

6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I have made several cowbells of different lengths. I use 20-25lb mono. Rubber bobber stops and beads. Originally i bought the plastic rudder type thing that the commercially made ones have in the front. The last few sets i didnt bother with them. They run fine without in my opinion. I put a swivel on the front to tie my line to and a snap swivel on the back. The bobber stop allows me to adjust the spacing on the blades.

I would send you a picture but my son took them to college with him. I ran rapalas and wobble glows behind them.

7. sgc

sgc

Thanks. Great!

8. sgc

sgc

What size blades did you use, or does it really matter as long as theres an attractor. I have a lot of blades for homemade crawler harnesses.