close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This site seems nice again

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by Tin Can, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can

Years ago I would post and enjoyed just meeting new fishermen. I made several friends, I like to perch fish, handline, whip, and pull crawler harnesses. I don't get out too much. But then years ago guys got very rude and sometime vulgar, the friends I made also stopped posting. I would come back and see what is going on every now and then. It is nice see that the people on this site are polite to one another, and helpful. I only recently started to participate again. Looks like the people have come full circle, and a new group of people are using the site as it was intended, it is very encouraging.

As I get out, I will do my best to give you guys good reports.

Tin Can

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

If you experience someone behaving differently than what you described, please let us know by reporting the post.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. Groundsize

Groundsize

Nice yes but I miss many people who used to be here but are not allowed or left on there own doing. It is my go to website besides the stock market pages.
    I do like the platform though.

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Things have been good around here for quite a while, the Mods do a good job of keeping things going smoothly.

5. mudflapimmc

mudflapimmc

Same here Tin Can! Had to put myself in a time out for a very long time lol. There were a few people that weren't raised with manners before but now it seems like they have weeded themselves out. Glad to be back.

itchn2fish, Downsea, kdx1980 and 2 others like this.
  6. Downsea

Downsea Premium Member

This is my go to internet home too. Steve keeps a clean ship!

GMan046, itchn2fish and mudflapimmc like this.
  7. WANNABEFISHIN

WANNABEFISHIN

It got bad privably 2008 but the board has made come back . Good people in here .

Sent from my VS988 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

You are correct, it was about 10 years ago when I had given up. Looks like it has made a real good come back. I still keep in touch with some of the old timers. This is a good site. It seems to be a new generation of outdoorsmen.

I'd rather be fishing likes this.
  9. mattofalltrades

mattofalltrades

The reason ive left other "lake saint clair" type websites... These guys are a good bunch!

jumbojake and eucman like this.
  10. Scottygvsu

Scottygvsu

i creeped here for quite awhile prior to my first trip to LSC. Lots of good info posted. I'm mostly after ice conditions and techniques, not so much locations as I have no idea where anybody is talking about anyway.
    I stopped at Anglers Point for some gear when I arrived. Way more helpful to an out of towner than I anticipated. They asked what I was after, threw me a grab bag together, and BS'd with me for awhile. I didn't connect on any LSC jumbos but i did have a great time thanks to the help of the locals on here and in person.

11. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Guess most of you don't visit the political forum or the deer hunting forum much if at all if you think things are nice.:lol: One thing I have noticed is the lack of outings by the different groups....like grouse hunters, those who fish the rivers and those who fish the Great Lakes. I met some pretty neat people thru those outings. Like what was mentioned, I also miss those who for whatever reason, don't post at the site any longer.

12. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Then there's that!..... LOL

Luckily they don't show up in my "New Posts" :woohoo1:

6Speed likes this.
  13. pilgs

pilgs

Some great people over there at the shop. I have gone there almost exclusively ever since a few years ago when I knocked my heater in the spearing hole and Jerry lent me a boat hook to get it out. He also helped a buddy out when he had a flat tire on his trailer. Never heard a single story of anyone having a bad experience there.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6667supersport, Craves and Scottygvsu like this.
  14. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

I can hold my own in the political forum but I don't touch those in the deer hunting forum. Don't have the gonads.:chicken:

Groundsize, multibeard and Shoeman like this.
  15. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I totally agree but with no :lol: attached. I am sorry Steve but I see a few on here that are allowed to over step the bounds of what should be allowed in my opinion with no apparent repercussions.

Just the last few days I saw a member that I met at that Whitehall get together was posting. We became good friends. I had not seen him on in a long time so I PMd him. He said the reason he was not on much any more was because of the nastiness that shows up so much. He said he will be gone as soon as what he has been posting about is over.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018