Things Change In Thirty Years!

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by Forest Meister, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Cheff Ranch.jpg Digging through my Treasure Trove of old hunting maps and paperwork while doing some spring cleaning, I came across a brochure from an outfit that hunts the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana where I went on my first real adventure. My, how prices have changed. The combo license used to be $350.00 and included elk, deer, bear, game birds and fishing. Now the combo only includes elk, deer and fishing. It is also just over a thousand dollars, not including all the mandatory extras they tack on.

By the way, back in the day it was a great place to hunt for someone who was not afraid to walk. Not sure what it is today now that wolves are a part of the ecosystem but the experience and scenery alone would make the trip worthwhile. FM

kingfisher 11, buckykm1 and Waif like this.
  2. Waif

Waif

The Thorofare must be worth the costs once...or thrice.

After 30 years ,them mountains might be a little steeper....

imjon likes this.

3. buckykm1

buckykm1

Yep, Things have changed for sure.
    My first Elk hunt was to Colorado in 1986, My Elk license was $210.00, I don't remember for sure what my Mule Deer license was, but it seems like it was $40.00 or $50.00 ?.

Kevin

4. old graybeard

old graybeard

5. brushbuster

brushbuster

Yup, Im glad I hunted Alaska when I did. In 1980 I was paying 100 bucks for a bush flight under an hour, Now I Pay 900 bucks under an hour. Cripe a fly in caribou trip is around 5000, insane. Moose can be twice that amount.