The season........

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by ENCORE, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ENCORE

ENCORE Premium Member

Hoping everyone made sure that they had enough propellant and primers on hand. LOL

I will say that the boys with the Paramount rifles bought up all the BH209 that could be found, in general.

Sadly, no muzzleloader hunting for me this year. I had all at one time, three extensive surgeries relating to sinuses and airways that has me down for at a minimum of 8 more weeks. I took an 8pt with the xbow early, so we have freezer meat.

Be safe and have fun. Let the lasses use their CF stuff. ALWAYS USE A WITNESS MARK!
    A guy I've known for many years double loaded and caught it with his witness mark. Saved himself a detonation and injuries.

Looking forward to some monster does and buck photos.

2. atp500

atp500

Encore, you probably don't remember me but you helped me and my son with many Muzzleloader questions in the past. Reading your post just reminded me of that. I always look for your posts. They are always full of info. Hoping you recover well and enjoy a wonderful Christmas season with your loved ones.
    I'm shooting a TC ENCORE with BH209 and Barnes TEZ.
    Thanks Again.

faithfulcompanion, jeffm and ENCORE like this.

3. ENCORE

ENCORE Premium Member

Thanks. Its so hard to remember everyone you've tried to help and even those you've bickered with over so many years. Its amazing how many great people we can meet over the years with muzzleloaders. Every day we can all learn something new too.

I like to throw up a few targets when I can, just to show some of these youngsters that the old man can still do it. I don't remember ever missing an opening day of muzzleloader since it was created, so this is a first for me. But I'm smart enough to know, if I can't hardly get a t-shirt over my head because my nose is so sore, I better leave the muzz in the safe.

Enjoy the season. I love those Encore rifles :)

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Getting old isn’t all that it’s cut out to be. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Encore.

I’m missing the opener too but I’m out hunting in Ohio with my 40x Ultra. I still haven’t upgraded to Luke’s module system but will at the first sign of leakage.

I have an Encore with the Hankins module and breach plug. I works perfectly.

ENCORE likes this.
  5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

ML hunting has treated me well in 2020. Ohio firearms season yesterday.

F8425F96-A49F-40A8-A4D5-AFEF47E23608.jpeg 47C019E5-5C67-435E-9672-26CD84C80438.jpeg

6. ENCORE

ENCORE Premium Member

Congratulations!

Luv2hunteup likes this.
  7. junkman

junkman

Get well soon George.

ENCORE likes this.
  8. ENCORE

ENCORE Premium Member

Thank you.
    This is a tough one.

9. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Tank of an animal, did ya get to weigh him ? Congrats !
    Get better encore. Hope it's sooner then later

ENCORE likes this.