The 'Rona and hunting camp

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by time2kyl, Oct 22, 2020.

1. time2kyl

time2kyl

I know we are all sick of this crap and ready to continue our hunting traditions. What, if any, precautions will you have in your camp this year? Testing prior to camp? Limited participation or attendance? The way you have always done it?

We have a mix of ages in our usual camp with some definitely in the age where is pays to be safe. I personally am coming from out of state, mode of travel still up in the air. I do have the option to bring my travel trailer and stay in that if needed.

Not looking to start a bash the governor or other politics thread that gets shut down. Just want to hear people's plans.

Wild Thing likes this.
  2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Well not a lot different I guess. The guys at my camp don't get out much and as for myself, I will be self isolated a week before anyone gets there.

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Premium Member

4. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

common sense will go a long way

5. SteelSearchin

SteelSearchin

For the first time in my 27 consecutive years of attending deer camp (6-10 hunters) my old man may not be there. Sucks to think about, but with out of state family members it may not be worth the risk to him at 72 years old. Hate to see the streak end but it was bound to happen sometime. Son will be sharing an opening morning blind with me for his second year, so a new streak will be born.

6. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

My camp visits and visitors will be limited. Hopefully it’s just a one year occurrence.

7. coyote-hunter

coyote-hunter

Safest bet is to stay in camp for a minimum for 14 days once you arrive as a quarantine safe guard...(haha). If I were still married, I’d be pitching that angle, HARD .

8. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

Same as a flu season, anyone not feeling well don't come to camp. I am not going to stop my annual life due to a small risk. Otherwise I might as well not drive anymore.

9. Rasputin

Rasputin Premium Member

My 83 year old father deserves to hunt, the other members of the camp have lifestyles that risk exposing them, so best to have them stay home and let the old man hunt. Besides, I own the camp, so my call.

10. Chessieman

Chessieman

Good one, I hope the rut is going strong for you. Anybody that does take off 2 weeks for hunting and sting hunts should do that. I guess the downside would be blowing the place out though before gun.

11. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Why not just ask people to get a test before arriving for the elderly's sake in camp? We have done the same for a few events. Nieces wedding was one. Lots of elederly there so guests got tested.

My wife had covid. My son and I were tested before interacting with any friends or family once she was healthy again. It really isnt a big deal to get tested.

zimmzala and jiggin is livin like this.
  12. SteelSearchin

SteelSearchin

Its been discussed, but Dad is fired up to be out of tags before the 15th and just avoid it.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  13. Stubee

Stubee

We have three aged late 60s and one about 50 YO. Have discussed with one member who’s very concerned & he may just drive back & forth from his home 36 miles away each day. I can stay at my cottage 48 miles distant and do the same but haven’t decided yet. I have friends who’ve met with others inside only to find out a few days later that they likely & unknowingly had the virus but symptoms only showed up a couple days later, so nothing is foolproof.

We’ll talk it over before opening day.

14. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Drink whiskey from a glass and don't pass the bottle is what I'd make a sign saying...

15. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Not to worry, because the other C-Word (and that goofy MAPR experiment) gutted our deer camp a couple of years ago.

Only three of us left, all in our 60's.

Glock1911 and TriggerDiscipline like this.