The pier

Discussion in 'Big Lake Surf/ Pier Reports' started by malidewd, Sep 13, 2010.

1. malidewd

malidewd

So, I was out on the pier with my kids last week. We got there around 4:30-5:00 in the morning to find a pier full of guys. My 12 year old step-daughter was with us for the first time. For some odd reason she decided to take an interest in fishing. We casted glow spoons for hours. She threw spoons for quite a while and then decided she had had enough. Just after it got light, but just before the sun peaks out, I hit a fish, my first fish of the season. I hollered over to Isabel, she ran over and took the rod from me.

Long story short, niether her brother or I got anything and she got this one, her first king. One of 5 landed on the whole pier that morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinner that night
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Nice catch and pics, bet she loved the fight that fish gave here. But god man, fill that plate a little more,you'll starve the poor kid!:yikes::lol:

3. malidewd

malidewd

I think that was her mom's plate. Isabel got her share.

She did love fighting it. Now she wants to go all the time. Next she'll need her own rods. What did I get my self into?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  4. Capnhook

Capnhook

Nice job Brian. Primed the pump to get another Isaiah going. Gotta love it.:) I was up this weekend, and we only got a couple in the boat. Lousy fishing, but better than work. Surf next week! Can't wait!. Capnhook

5. Great story, pics and nice work handing the rod off to her. That's a special catch!

6. kmauntler

kmauntler

"She did love fighting it. Now she wants to go all the time. Next she'll need her own rods. What did I get my self into?[/QUOTE]

A whole bunch of fun times to come! They're only young once and all the grief of getting the kids ready, the whining, etc. will be forgotten later, some day, I think, I hope...

Awesome job on getting them out...

Ben

7. genietech

genietech

Vey nice, I can not wait until they are old enough to go with me. Hopefully they are still interested when that time comes. I can not think of many things more fun than being out there with my daughters.

8. Thorzep

Thorzep

:lol::lol::lol:

9. big_phish

big_phish

That's great, my 3 year wanted to go with me over the weekend too but she was not ready for the pier yet. I can't wait till she's old enough for me to hand her the rod.

10. itchn2fish

itchn2fish

Sweet report & pics

11. MickL

MickL

great group of pics!...... thanks for sharing.

12. 2PawsRiver

2PawsRiver Premium Member

Excellent, future heart breaker you have their, hope Dad has a shotgun.:)

13. Denny jr

Denny jr

Way awsome!!! Is that the oscoda pier? I took my daughter, shes six, out there and she caught her first fish...a FOUR LB SHEEPHEAD!!!!! Bout pulled her lil but off the pier, she kept sayin, "hold on to me, daddy...dont you let go!"!!!! Great experience.

Great job on getting a young lady hooked on something GOOD! We dont see very much of that these days, and I think its an excellent, wonderful thing. Great post!
    -Denny:D:D:D

14. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

The next best thing to teaching your child to fish is having a three generation fishing trip, what memories...

15. malidewd

malidewd

My 2 year old always says, " I go fishin amarrow." I take her out and let her catch little gills but it's tough when they are that little. She will be out there in a couple years.

And thanks guys. It was good to have her out there with me. She has always been a little distant from me. She used to love it when I left with her brother to go fishing. Now she wants to go all the time.

Salmon fishing is like crack, once you start, you can't stop.