The Modern Hunter

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Nitro225Optimax, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Nitro225Optimax

Nitro225Optimax

Truth. Saddle hunting is not "any tree any where" like many proclaim. However, it is easier to get up into certain trees a climber wouldn't work. For example, I was able to go up a tree that split into three main trunks/forks a couple feet off the ground. I started climbing up one and then put my fourth stick over on the adjacent one and then tethered to that one. Something a climber wouldn't be able to do...but a hang on could.

That is also the learning curve, learning how to place your tether so you don't get swung around the tree by gravity.

brushbuster likes this.

2. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

You can still hunt out of crappy trees though you just have to be aware be mindful of gravity. Your sphyncter really tightens up when you let your guard down IMG_20201121_132017210.jpg

3. Firefighter

Firefighter

Brad if you're ever in SE MI you can test out my Guido's.

brushbuster likes this.
  4. brushbuster

Yup agree 100 percent. I hunt out of some really large diameter trees also, that you could not possibly get a stick strap around IMG_20200907_145248365.jpg

Nitro225Optimax likes this.
  5. brushbuster

Thanks man, I do get down to White lake on occasion.

6. brushbuster

Here's a pic of an old coot with an old buddy holding an old deer that he shot with a old muzzy. My saddle showed in picture is not a JX3, but we have cool camo on and hunter orange. We are smiling profusely. Just old hunters using new tricks. IMG_20201116_094043307_HDR.jpg

12Point, up520, pgpn123 and 16 others like this.
  7. >WingIt<

>WingIt<

The guys are proud of their setups and how they go into the field. There is no one way to do this! Everyone needs to chill out and get off their high horse. Cool stuff boys and hope you all have a great rest of the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

vandermi, up520, waterwolf90 and 7 others like this.
  8. brushbuster

I agree, I love nitros pic

9. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

I didn't even notice the clothes or the faces, I looked right at the rifles...now I wanna go out shooting!

Now I know what Nitro looks like after everyone had fun with his thread.

10. TheSteelDeal

TheSteelDeal Premium Member

I’m happy to see this turn around in a positive way. What started as a bash on a group of hunting buddy’s audition photo for “Team Realdouchey” Is now a civilized discussion about the New JX3(still not a saddle). See, I knew we all could play nice. It is a well done pic, but to throw something like that up in a open forum with zero context is kinda asking for it. I hope your feathers aren’t too ruffled.
    I Really hope you guys Are able to get together and try these things out. If and when you do please post your reviews. Especially interested in brushbuster’s thoughts. I have been hunting out of a saddle for 19 years and really enjoy reading these type of discussions. Best of luck to all!

11. thill

thill

Yeah, the title of the thread threw me off. I was expecting a discussion about ebikes, hunting apps and drones.

Not things that have been around for decades captured in a black and white.

12. Jimbos

Jimbos Banned

Seriously, who cares. Some are in love with fancy names to brag that they're a great hunter, when some local in wool in a ground blind and a 30-30 can shoot just as many deer and could probably care less about antler size.
    I'm not impressed in the least.

13. brushbuster

Tough crowd. Anyways, good luck to you and the boys Nitro.

Nitro225Optimax likes this.
  14. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Maybe I was too harsh on you guys. Your obviously having a good time. Thought you guys were Duck Dynasty first time I saw that picture.