The Frankfort Thread - 2020 Edition

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by kroppe, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Captnbobb

Captnbobb

It was not very crowded in Frankfort launching or returning. They may not know where to park but compared to later in the season (maybe) and other years it was pretty quiet and low key, wish it was always that way, but that is also an indicator of lack of enthusiasm due to slow fishing. Big fish but few so far. Nobody is pulling in limit catches of monster salmon...maybe next week?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

I’ve never had a problem. Even at the mad rush at dark, all those docks seem to absorb and dispense a lot of boat in quick order.

Gabe is right. Try a Trenton Channel launch any weekend day from April through May.

If you are not screamed at by a drunk fisherman at 1000 am, or accosted for “change” by a beggar in the parking lot, you will be delighted to find that it wasn’t your truck with a broken window and the dashboard ripped apart while you were out combat fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. someone11

someone11

Anyone out tonight? Webcam looks calm. I'm gonna go to a farther north port with warmer water haha

4. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

Can you paste the link to webcam thank you in advance

rlbyfd and kroppe like this.
  5. sportsman98

sportsman98

Heading out right now. Not expecting much but we will see what decides to bite tonight.

someone11, rlbyfd, John Hine and 3 others like this.
  6. Mattefi

Mattefi

Out now in 160 fow not bad surface 58, 40 at 80 down.

Attached Files:

7. kroppe

kroppe

Google Harbor Lights Frankfort webcam

Also google Garden Theater Frankfort webcam

I have had problems in the past using static links. Those two webcam sites don’t seem to be on the most stable or high bandwidth servers.

8. duncan

duncan

Yep! Been there. Backed into a truck with it's lights on as he was loading his boat. Can you say blinding!

Mattefi and kroppe like this.
  9. Mattefi

Mattefi

1 for 1 out by the point 170 180 fow 75 down on a rigger. Spoon orange in color had to get it back in the water. NEXT

10. sportsman98

sportsman98

1-1. 18 lb king on a low diver out 100 in 180 fow.

11. rlbyfd

rlbyfd

My truck was caught in the crossfire on one of those photos. I was the only one in that are parked between the lines. I actually commented on it pulling in. With that being said, we as “sportsman” should not be putting pictures of peoples stuff online, including license plates. Mods should be removing such stuff. Griping about it is one thing, posting pics of people’s personal stuff is another. I don’t agree with the way some park but I am not into the whole public shaming thing either. Especially over the net. As others have stated, Frankfort is a gem. Try Detroit sometime. Good luck out there fellas. I’ll be back at it in the morning

12. Mattefi

Mattefi

upload_2020-8-7_0-9-29.jpeg
    Sister sledge was the spoon, someone came in with 5 nice kings said he went 5 for 7. Again a lot of stuff up high. Anyone know about how the boats out deep are doing?

fishgtbay, 6667supersport and kroppe like this.
  13. knowhowiroll

knowhowiroll

what? you need to pump the brakes their partner. If you had a bad day that's one thing but theres nothing wrong with pictures to back up there claims.

Sparky23, Indyultra and kroppe like this.
  14. someone11

someone11

kroppe and salmon_slayer06 like this.
  15. John Hine

John Hine

Cold, cold, cold water. Surface temp 54° I’ve got 46° 30 down. Have not marked to fish yet. Cold water sucks