The Frankfort Thread - 2020 Edition

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by kroppe, Jan 17, 2020.

1. anthony oriano

anthony oriano

Bummer,,the weir has 15000 so is it done in the Bay?

2. MoJoRisin'

MoJoRisin'

Wow...weir has 15k already....that was quick. Did they pass 10k and done?

3. sportsman98

sportsman98

I think theyve passed a total of 3000 now. And I would think lake fishing for salmon is probably close to being done unless you can find immature fish. Screenshot_20200909-101433_Facebook.jpeg

4. Slimits

Slimits

Its a big bummer for sure. Last year there was a ton of fish around in lake mid september. Now its vacant

5. rlbyfd

rlbyfd

I personally do not think it’s done (which means nothing). There are fish that run into October every year. This is what I’ve seen for the past 30+ years. Could actually be a sign of a large run. I’m going to give it a go Friday. It’s the only way to find out! Good luck out there.

6. John Hine

John Hine

There will be fishable numbers out there well into latter October, no way it’s done mid September. In my opinion this is the first big push. Just my opinion. Hell, I havnt even kicked on the heater in my cuddly yet!

7. J K Raff

J K Raff

I was there Sunday through today..
    Lots of fish in Betsie bay Sunday...nothing on Monday.. saw 4 fish jump on Monday...
    River fishermen coming to Frankfurt cleaning station said most fish they ever seen in the river...
    .talked to fishermen on River road...Tuesday...They all said....should have seen it Monday.......lot's of fish jumping at the dam on Tuesday drift boats pulling out at dam Tuesday said not many up river yet....should be by now

8. Baybum

Baybum

We trolled the bay, harbor and into the lake tuesday afternoon. Caught a pike. Saw a couple jump didn't mark much. Watched about 1000 try to jump the dam and about 100 make it in about an hour tuesday evening. That was pretty cool. River guys seemed to be doing pretty good saw a few pulled in and more then a few on stringers. Not sure what its usually like but seemed like a ton of fish to me by homestead.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  9. MoJoRisin'

MoJoRisin'

If you were there Tuesday they had just arrived. We left from camping downstream and they were just starting to show downstream Monday morning.

Baybum likes this.
  10. CarnageProductions13

CarnageProductions13

Fished 3 - Dark last night. Plenty of fish in the lake, only saw one actually caught though out of 20+ boats. We threw the kitchen sink at them without success. I've never known a king to be able to resist a Fire tiger J-13 in shallow water, but they proved me wrong last night...

11. nighttime

nighttime

I was there Monday morning and afternoon/evening when the wall came in to lower. Really something to see, I’ve seen big river pushes that were huge and Betsie but might be most at once seen go threw lower in one day..... just guessing we seen 10k pile through there it was epic, so fresh and hard to keep buttoned but we landed 20ish and probably fought 60. Never had a 12’ boat bubbling with fish under it. Whole boat was shaking with fish under it seemed like I was driving over Asian carp, not kidding. Hands are still hurting but my soul feels Replenished! At least till next trip

jashroomer, TK81, hhlhoward and 14 others like this.
  12. Daniel Agnello

Daniel Agnello

We wer
    We were out yesterday also; 8 lines in the water from 7:30-2 from south of the piers to the point and had only one 15” coho on the rigger that I found when I popped it to change the lure.
    Had glo green ladder back and ghost J olugs out too with no hits.
    But, beautiful day on the lake.

13. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

Thank You Gabe T.
    Buddy got a new to him boat, finally got it all set and in the water.... Never ran a salmon spread so asked if I could show him. I haven't ran my own salmon boat in over 5 years, reached out to Gabe for some Frankfort pointers and we made it happen.
    If only the fish would have cooperated LOL we had one trip/couple rod bends of a dipsy just before light and that was it. The guys stayed the weekend to continue to fish, no update from Sat/Sun/Monday yet from them.

14. Perchsearch

Perchsearch

Coming up in 10 days, just heard that the DNR has closed fishing at Homestead damn. Anyone know if this true?

15. Ramstrong

Ramstrong

6667supersport likes this.