The Does Roll in Cwd

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Luv2hunteup, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Perfect example....
    Did u read the article???
    Claims does are cwd reservoirs.
    Next paragraph they say does disperse also.
    Kinda funny, just pushing an agenda

2. swampbuck

swampbuck

Remember, it was QDMA and Mucc, that brought us APR's in the CWD zone.

If that goes south, it's on them.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

My guess is it would go south regardless of any management practice. Blame away if it helps you sleep at night.

4. sniper

sniper

It went south hundreds of years ago. Nothing you or I can do about no matter how many times your repetitive behavior likes typing it in. Fingers are crossed in hoping Mother Nature steps up to the plate. Should we stop trying? No. That’s not in human genetic make up. Go ahead and keep blaming if it makes you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Tracker83 likes this.
  5. miruss

miruss

So why are we passing laws that stop some deer from being shot?

6. Tracker83

Tracker83 Premium Member

So that other deer ARE shot.

7. Justsayin

Justsayin

I appreciate your respectful response that says a little more than "you're wrong, who cares". Tip of the cap and a beer to you as well. I've posted links before to the peer reviewed, scientific journal published research and science upon which I base my conclusions / opinions.

I have honestly tried to find the credible science behind the QDMA stance to understand their position. I've reached out and asked for this information and yet nothing... just crickets. If there is credible, peer reviewed, scientific journal published research that supports the Doe heavy focus promoted by the group please share it. I think it is important to recognize that "science" created by a group seeking specific results to protect itself, may not be wholly accurate.

I believe it is good to be skeptical, to question, to seek the whole truth... we shouldn't base our actions only on partial truths so as to avoid painful truths that could prove to be the difference in slowing vs escalating the spread of CWD. We have choices today that we will not have tomorrow... Thanks again and good day to you!

motdean and LabtechLewis like this.
  8. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Seriously how can it go any farther south than it is? The area is already scrap because the density was allowed to stay high increase frequency of contact. The experiment was meant to increase the killing of older deer of both sexes.

Tracker83 likes this.
  9. Dish7

Dish7

He likely means "south" as in toward the lower tier of counties, lol. It's been a hope and a dream of his for some time.

sniper and jr28schalm like this.
  10. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Stay in denial if it helps u sleep at night.

miruss likes this.
  11. Waif

Waif

IF doe groups (familial) are the greatest risk , is does not isolate bucks from exposure.
    How can it?
    Reduce doe to a couple per site and they will still ,eventually, interact directly with bucks. Regardless of sex ratio.

No , doe should not be ignored in favor of buck kills. More so where the sex ratio is skewed heavily towards doe.

I'll keep being a broken record and insist doe buck ratio's (all ages) needs to be maintained site specifically. "Pick a number" still holds true.
    There are areas with high doe numbers. But there are areas where doe are not high in number vs bucks.
    Make kill choices accordingly.

I left the old doe be this past season on my C.W.D. core zone site.
    The prior year I left all doe be.
    That is not a result of passing doe to kill a buck.
    Rather it is next years fawns where fawns are few ,or less.
    Combined with rough thirds of the herd being reduced in prior years ,it was no longer time to increase or continue reductions briefly.

No offence to the state , or Q.D.M.A. , but "the number" is my first focus.
    And it's been approached to that point where no doe needed killing.(Per my opinion on my site.)
    Ratio is not bad at all. Or kills would as it has been , more doe orientated.
    Should things pan out , and unless a mysterious influx of doe occur ; next season will be time to kill a buck. Should one meeting the A.P.R. make a gift of itself.

Had all hunters killed a deer around me , there'd be no deer.
    Not their ,or my goal.

12. swampbuck

swampbuck

No, south as in making the situation worse. We would have never have known the source, if not for commissioner Tracey.

ridgewalker likes this.
  13. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

That's laughable. And sad. I dont sleep well at all and it has nothing to do with this thread or cwd. I doubt you even know my beliefs on deer management or cwd but figure it's different than yours and must be wrong and warrants a dig.

sniper, Dish7 and jr28schalm like this.
  14. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

If u cant take it
    Dont dish it out

15. swampbuck

swampbuck

If the goal was to kill older deer of both sexes, wouldn't it be more productive not to increase the number of one of those older sexes in the first place......by protecting those who spread it via dispersal

Seems like we should have harvest numbers for that area by now.

motdean likes this.