The Boat Thieves Hit Our Family Today – Cascade in Grand Rapids

Discussion in 'Cold Water Species Fishing' started by MagnusDio, Mar 12, 2018.

1. MagnusDio

MagnusDio

While at work today, I received a call from my wife telling me that our Sea Ark – River Jet boat (MV1652) was no longer in the drive way. Long story short, a bold thief backed in to our drive way while my wife was grocery shopping between 1-3:30pm and stole our 2000 Sea Ark - Jet Boat. Upon hearing the news, I left work early to meet the Kent County Sheriff Dept. Officer at our home to file a police report and sort out all the details. While I was working with the police officer our 6 & 8-year-old boys arrived home from school to an empty driveway and news we lost another boat. Unfortunately, we've had some bad boat luck this past year as this is our family’s second boat lost in under a year. Last August, a local driver left the roadway at our home and totaled our 2013 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy sitting at our dock on the way into the Thornapple River... Luckily, we were able to get the driver out of the river, but it was a bad experience for everyone involved. Anyway, back to today’s theft, we just need a little good luck and some help in recovering our Sea Ark Jet Boat. Fellow sportspeople, here are photos of our boat. If you see or hear anything that might help our family recover it, please contact me right away.

Thank you for taking time to read this posting! I'm new to posting pics so if this post is better located in a different forum please let me know.

JD - aka: MagnusDio

PS: To the thieves that stole our boat. If your reading this, you can be proud that our boat also had 5-6 great steel-head float rods under the cover in addition to some other gear. Two of those set ups will work great for you because I spent more than a few hours getting those huge push button reels to drift beads so well for my young boys. Yes, you lucked out this time because normally we do not store our gear in the boat, but I mistakenly loaded some gear ahead of this upcoming warmer weather. Hey, you should be proud that you stole spring steel-head & summer bass fishing away from two young boys. Remember, Karma is a bitch and I sure hope you get what you have coming to you when it comes back around.

2. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

Sorry to hear that I hope you recover your boat and gear.

itchn2fish, MISTURN3 and hawgeye like this.

3. MagnusDio

MagnusDio

4. frdboy

frdboy

Damn that sucks, hope they find it.

Makes me think I should have some sort of lock on mine

itchn2fish likes this.
  5. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

Really sorry to hear the bad news. Lets hope they find these scum bags and prosecute to the fullest extent.

itchn2fish likes this.
  6. Eric Bee

Eric Bee

Someone must have been casing your house to know that you were gone. That's an awful short window of opportunity.

itchn2fish likes this.
  7. Bucman

Bucman

Hard to believe no one saw anything. I think someone’s been watching it to know when to take it. Hope you get it back.

itchn2fish likes this.
  8. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Sucks that it got stolen. Did you have and theft deterrents on the trailer?

9. Clum

Clum

This is terrible news. Makes my blood boil and its not even my boat.

Hope they get whats coming to them, low life pieces of trash.

itchn2fish likes this.
  10. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

yup i was gone half an hour and came back to find all my guns were stolen .It only takes a couple minutes for thieves .In my case i had some carpet installed while i was at work .The installer said he would have a helper if that was all right .I agreed... one month later boom all gone and no proof .Gun safe now .Never again will i let someone i do not know into my home without credentials .Live and learn .

11. lreigler

lreigler

You've got to have serious balls.. And you know they couldn't have gone far. There's only so many rivers and options we'll keep our eyes out.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  12. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

Right out of the yard? Hope that dirtbag or dirtbags get nailed. I would be checking craigslist for anything from trailer to engine and parts. Don't see how anyone could use an entire stolen package like this on the roads and water.

13. tcfishes

tcfishes

what a bummer man! I better go put a lock on my trailer today. Hoping that it gets recovered and the thieves get what is coming to them. I wish I was a little closer so I could let you look at some of my spare rods to see if you wanted them for your boys. I dont have anything fancy, but I've got a couple push button set ups. If you're ever around canton, let me know!

Munuscool, Aaronjeep2 and itchn2fish like this.
  14. john decker

john decker

man that sucks.im just a few miles south of you near Alaska.ill keep my eyes,ears open.you know its going to show up on some river soon.like others have said keep a eye on craigs.I put a lock in trailer tongue,chain around rim and axle but that only keeps the honest thieves from getting it.I feel your pain.

15. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Locks will help in open areas but cordless cut off grinders make short work of them .I have cams and motion lights on my boats also .