the answer to the failing crossbow??

Discussion in 'Archery' started by Tamike3030, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Tamike3030

Tamike3030

i am wondering if the airbow will be a good replacement to that controversial crosssbow. I think many people are scared to shoot a crossbow! Too many crossbow explosions and amputations!

2. Martian

Martian

good question, I don't think it will be the airbow,, they are heavy, and I think there is this rather expensive tank you have to buy to shoot it. I think x- bows, for one, need to stop with the,," Our bow shoots 390, our bow shoots 400, our bow shoots 410, etc. " It really appears to me that engineers have these things way to hot for their limbs. Maybe that hand thing, needs to wrap around your hand, where you can't put it over., but, all that said, they scare me. I work part tiem at an archery shop, and every time I demonstrate one, I am nervous

retired dundo likes this.

3. zer0

zer0

Carbon Express got it right with guarding your thumbs when they used the vertical fore grip on their early covert series. Brilliantly simple design which was wonderfully executed, and had the added safety benefit.

Martian likes this.
  4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Darwin's theory will eliminate a few just like overdrawn compound bows did for the vertical bow shooters.

Jimbo 09 and don like this.
  5. wolverines

wolverines

Replace in what sence? Weren't they already deemed not illegal for archery seasons? They really have no niche imo.

6. thill

thill

I don't think people are scared of shooting crossbows. Everyone from 10 year olds to 90 year olds are using them and with great success. There's no issues with crossbows going away anytime soon.

7. Uncle Boopoo

Uncle Boopoo

I have yet to meet a single person that was scared to shoot a crossbow! My 9 year old nephew loves shooting his dad's.

The airbow isn't legal in MI at this time and it says so right in the hunting guide.

Hunters Edge and hawgeye like this.
  8. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

I'd say failing is as far from the truth of the matter as one can get.

Manufacturers are abundant, the market is saturated, and the competition is pretty tight. Crossbows aren't going anywhere fast.

Hunters Edge likes this.
  9. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Crossbows are not as much fun to shoot as a compound, recurve or long bow IMO. At least that has been my experience.

retired dundo and twohats like this.
  10. Martian

Martian

I don't think the airbow, ( as it is) will replace anything, for many of the reasons already posted. I am afraid of x-bows. I do work part time in an archery shop, and see them all the time , with customers saying how they exploded in their face or they blew up or de-railed or limbs went. The trend seems to be, " this bow will shoot 400 ft. per second. this one , 410 etc ,etc". I would like to see them slower so the Chinese limbs can take it, and quieter. The amputations however are almost always handlers errors. However, I would be surprised, how many blew up , ( on their own, just sitting there), were actually dry fired. Nobody likes to own up to that

Bucman and hawgeye like this.
  11. Crimsonarrow!

Crimsonarrow!

I am against them all together unless a person is handicapped or just to old to pull a bow over forty pounds. Yes it get kids out killing deer at a younger age. But here we are, no cross bow in my youth yet I have an obsession to hunting. Because I was taught to hunt by setting with my father and grandfather learning to hunt. We are taking the heart outta hunting. IMHO

twohats and retired dundo like this.
  12. twohats

twohats

I agree 100%. I have gone through compounds , shot a crossbow for a few year and finally found my home with a recurve and longbow . I don't like all the high tech, sight, peep sights, stabilizers, drop away rests, mech broadheads, scopes. etc. But that's just my preference and I do feel crossbows are great for disabled hunters though.

Sasquatch Lives likes this.
  13. old graybeard

old graybeard

Which failing crossbow are you referring to???

Hunters Edge and miruss like this.
  14. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Similar opinions where given when the compounds first came out but not only did the hunting survive, more bow hunters were the result.

Hunters Edge and Martian like this.
  15. Crimsonarrow!

Crimsonarrow!

Yup!! now a bunch of them use xbow. It easier I guess. Hey maybe we could just have a three month long rifle season for those who think the cross bow doesn't give them enough advantage. Xbows need to be used by those I mentioned in above text or during firearm season.