The 2nd wave may have started

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by wpmisport, Oct 22, 2020.

1. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

And when you get beyond headlines and into the article, all they talk about IS CASES.

2. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

If only that were true. We are doing ok, not saying that we aren't, but not even close to being a world leader. Some nations are testing 3x our number of tests per 1 million population. You seem well informed, honest mistake or something else ?

L & O

3. piketroller

piketroller

When looking at testing on a per capita basis, we are second only to the UK for countries with populations above 10 million.

4. PerchOnly

PerchOnly

At this point all I am hoping for is that the medical/essential workers who will get the first vaccines, do not all get it at once in every facility. The last thing we need is entire hospitals catching the disease(or any other problem) because the vaccine wasn't what it was expected as they roll it out. While I know the vaccine will be tested, sh*t happens. I am sure someone smarter than me has thought this process through.

5. pescadero

pescadero Premium Member

...and 11th overall.

6. Nick Adams

Nick Adams

Function of being on the Wisconsin border and most of them within the economic sphere of influence of Greenbay. Wisconsin has really blown up. That has spilled over.

-na

7. wpmisport

wpmisport

From MLive -
    In Michigan:
    • The average number of daily tests is up 30% in October compared to September, but the number of new cases is up 87%.
    • 'The percent testing positive has increased from 3.2% in September to 4.4% in October. In the past week, the positivity rate was 5.5%.
    • Hospitalizations have increased. On Sept. 26, Michigan had 503 adults hospitalized with confirmed or suspected coronavirus. On Monday, Oct. 26, it was 1,479.
    • Deaths are rising. There have been 449 deaths in the first 26 days of October compared to 289 for all of September.
    ---------------
    The United States is experiencing spikes in the numbers of coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths. The number of new daily coronavirus cases has stayed above 60,000 since Oct. 19, reaching a record 79,303 on Friday. Daily deaths have been increasing, too, hitting a recent high of 1,245 on Wednesday, according to NBC News data.
    The national seven-day average of current hospitalized cases is also on the rise, according to The COVID Tracking Project, with current hospitalizations hitting 41,776 on Sunday, the highest since late August.

pescadero and Liver and Onions like this.
  8. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

Must be something else. It's too bad couldn't have been testing back in April like we do now. The numbers had to be very high. Criteria for testing back then was very high. I don't think anyone is turned away today if they want tested.

fishmark and sureshot006 like this.
  9. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Estimate I've seen is something like 10-12x what we are finding now.

But notice back then just how fast it blew up without precautions.

CHASINEYES likes this.
  10. Chessieman

Chessieman

Tracker83 likes this.
  11. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Gretchen shut down fishing at the beginning of the walleye run. Maybe she'll shut the state down for gun season too? Michiganders need to stay home and stay safe. Wear your masks....

12. PerchPatrol

PerchPatrol

I was up in grand Marais a month ago, and The houghton area a week ago.

I noticed the same thing. Every place booked, from the western up all the way across m28. Even the tiny mom and pop motels were jammed.

I have never seen the amount of people up there. I passed 50 vehicles on the way to crisp point, and could barely park there.

One of the local places said it was because the Canadian border was closed

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  13. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

I have heard that a few times also. It has to have made some difference.

L & O

14. LuckyBucks

LuckyBucks

I wonder how much UP legal baiting has to do with this as well. Must be some percentage.

William H Bonney likes this.