The 2nd wave may have started

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by wpmisport, Oct 22, 2020.

1. wpmisport

wpmisport

Other than politicians who is too important to quarantine after coming in direct contact with someone that has C-19? I wouldn't think anyone is and it is only for 12 days.

sureshot006 likes this.
  2. Whitetail Freak

Whitetail Freak

Her office isn’t affiliated with the school so they won’t be shutting down if school does, it is in the school though.
    She’s not too into taking a rushed new vaccine is all I’m going to say.

baseballdad and jiggin is livin like this.

3. BILC

BILC

First thing I want to say is that I was never a believer of the second wave prediction. Second a little background of our area. Our fire- rescue is a joint department, the city and township are partners in it. In 2018 the population of the city was just under 4400 and the township just over 2600. Eight of us recieved an e-mail from the fire chief at 10 this morning telling us that the rescue squad had been on seven calls since Friday for Covid or Covid symtoms all in the city. At 10:39 we recieved another e-mail telling us to add another call so it is up to eight. Maybe there is some truth to a second wave coming. Be careful everyone.

4. Chessieman

Chessieman

Wow, bad news when the deer camps start filling!

The top five counties and their average daily cases per million residents: Iron County (917), Dickinson (883), Delta (647), Gogebic (603) and Menominee (520). All five are in the Upper Peninsula.

BumpRacerX likes this.
  5. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

So if I read that right, for every person you come across in the UP (Dickinson for example), the odds are better they are carrying the virus than a random person in Wayne county.

pescadero likes this.
  6. piketroller

piketroller

When adjusting for population, the city of Detroit seems to be the only densely populated area in the state that is not participating in this latest wave. That might be some indication of herd immunity at work. Some of the estimates from back in the spring speculated half of the people in the city actually had it in the first wave.

TK81, kingfisher 11 and sureshot006 like this.
  7. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Ottawa county just announced they are canceling their free testing station they were hosting tomorrow. No reason given in the email. Hosted by the National Guard. Are they getting sent elsewhere

8. wpmisport

wpmisport

That is valuable information.

I believe - The US has surpassed one halve of the number of US deaths accounted for during WWII with the C-19 virus now.

9. sureshot006

Probably true at least in part. Potentially also areas where it was bad, people realize its not fake and maybe are more cautious.

10. TC-fisherman

TC-fisherman Premium Member

In the area around traverse city it seems like every mom and pop gas station and convenience store took down the mask required signs after the state Supreme Court ruling a few weeks ago. No one behind the counters is wearing a mask. Fall color tourists were lined up outside every restaurant, brew pub, and coffee shop. Not a big surprise that cases in the area are up 96%

fishmark likes this.
  11. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Doubtful. They already had it.

Then they all went up north.....

Should have locked down the hot spots to begin with!! But all these people come up with nothing better to do and bring it with them. Then the morons yell, "ThE ReDnEcKs aRe SpReAdInG iT aLl ArOuNd!! Durrrr"

kingfisher 11 and sureshot006 like this.
  12. sureshot006

So they're going to the UP right now to spread it? I am betting it is more to do with attitude up there than anything, once it got established earlier this year.

FullQuiver, DanSS26 and pescadero like this.
  13. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Well the delay is what, a couple days to week or so before the numbers show up? Summer camping, fishing, deer scouting, color tours, last minute end of the year trips. Yeah, I would think they are up there spreading it.

Attitude doesn't help once it gets there for a week or more before anyone notices. Not as many people, plus not many active cases, it isn't hard to see why people would be relaxed.

When I am in a hot spot, I act like I am in a nuclear reactor.

14. sureshot006

I'm wondering how much it could have to do with colleges up there.

jiggin is livin likes this.