Thanksgiving dinner

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by wyandot, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Traditional family get-together

2. Isolating

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cpt.Chaos

Cpt.Chaos

We are delivering to our families, some of who are isolating. I’m picking up a smoked turkey and all the sides here shortly from Lazy Bones. We are going to package up meals for our parents, all 4 in their 70’s, her sister and husband (she is in final stages of beating breast cancer) and then we’re going to relax at home with our part of the meal, some wine and the hot tub.

2. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

With the action you're having in the field I'd opt morning hunt then watch the Lions comedy show.

Joe Archer and eggfly like this.

3. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

I'll be hunting, taking my buddies son hunting with me in the morning. Need to get him home for his family dinner at 2pm. I'll stop in there, have a bite to eat, then back on stand hopefully for the last 2 hours. Then, I'm supposed to go over to a friends house after the afternoon hunt to have dinner with them at around 630pm. All my family is in the Detroit Area, so I am staying here, I got to take care of my dogs, cats, etc. anyways. I hope I kill a big buck Thursday and can use it as an excuse just to stay home. I have always thought it'd be cool to kill a buck on Thanksgiving Day.

4. stickman1978

stickman1978

Like Grover Washington Jr says, " Just the Two of Us".

5. Stand By

Stand By

Didn't see a "working" option in the poll, so I guess I can't play.

Mar will be getting dinner ready for the three of us while Im working. We'll be staying home isolating. Both out families are down state, both dads are very high risk, couple toddlers among the children, and my siblings and/or their spouses are also in risky vocations. Most are isolating as well. At least maybe I can get some evening hunts in, rather than driving all weekend.

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

I guess we isolate every year since the family feast matriarchs (those who would take charge of the cooking rites) passed away. On my side mainly, my wife's immediate family unit was very small and mostly void of men long before I knew her.

7. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

Non of the above. I'll be joining my coworkers and several thousand other hospital staff for a day of fun and exposure. :yikes:

capper, BILC, DanSS26 and 7 others like this.
  8. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

Usually do the family thing up here at the property 25 plus people. Not this go..:(. The way the wife bought for tomorrow though you would think the usual army was coming...Hey Wife there are only 4 of us eating. :lol:

vsmorgantown likes this.
  9. miruss

miruss

Never had big thanksgiving dinners . We always have our big family get to gathers first weekend of Nov before MOM heads to Florida for the winter so ours has already been done.

10. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

I hope that none of us forget all the people such as yourself who will be working on this and all the other holidays. Medical folks, public safety, military, and those who keep the gears moving so everyone else can do their thing.

capper, vsmorgantown, DanSS26 and 7 others like this.
  11. fishnpbr

fishnpbr

In my working life I have done all of the above. Kudos to all who serve or have served in those capacities, especially during these unprecedented times. I appreciate your acknowledgement.

12. Easiest decision in the world. Hunt all day. Lions are losers and will continue to be for a long time.

anagranite and Swampdog467 like this.
  13. I’m stuck here in the U P. Wife is downstate with her parents Having dinner with two very good friends which will be bear I’m bringing the apple pie of course. Will be out for the afternoon hunt.

vsmorgantown likes this.
  14. jeffm

jeffm

Immediate family, the 3 daughters with grand children. We all live locally and see each other regularly plus I work with my daughter and husband often.

Wife has been busy all day getting ready. Homemade deep dish pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cherry crunch pie. Green bean casserole and sweet potatoe casserole etc..etc.. she wont let me test any of it out either :( I ate a chicken salad sandwich for dinner wtf.
    20201125_184521.jpg
    Hope all stay safe/healthy and have a nice Thanksgiving no matter which way you choose to have it.

DanSS26, vsmorgantown and Stand By like this.
  15. welder72

welder72

My wife,me and our 3 lovely daughters will be eating the traditional dinner by ourselves at our house. I voted "isolating", but, those four are the absolute world to me.