Thanksgiving day game

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by PerchPatrol, Nov 26, 2020.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

When you suck for decades you look at the top for the problem, in football, or anything else.

OR

Find a way to get rid of the curse.

2. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

So who's next to give me your $$ ???? Next Lions game can't get here fast enough. Truck needs a new Alternator! Family, friends and neighbors all still try but not interested in friendly bets LMFAO. COLLECT

William H Bonney likes this.

3. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

I know the answer to this.

It's ingrained into kids at an EARLY age, not to get caught looking at that the QB. As a DB, the QB is not the player you're covering, the WR is. Coaches would rather have the DB take a penalty as opposed to losing your man & getting beat deep.
    Personally, I don't like it. I always tell DB's, you have to turn your head "at some point", and I tell the WR's if the ball is under thrown, just stop, let the DB run you over & take the penalty.

The great DB's have a 6th sense, along with being able to read the body language of the WR's, to know when the ball is in the air & turn around.
    The great WR's have to control their poker face, to try and not tip off the DB that the ball is coming.

P.S. The next batch of bad DB's is coming from Ann Arbor, geez are they terrible.

Macs13 likes this.
  4. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

It looked like Stafford was the only Lion kneeling.At least thats what I saw.Nice.

5. Macs13

Macs13

You should only be paying attention to your WR in man coverage and that is why they've got their back to the QB. People don't fully understand that a CB must be faster than the WR because the receiver knows where he's going while the corner must read and react and then continually play catch up. There is an art to switching to playing the ball at the final moment.

For the Lions, the bigger problem has been the Pillsbury Boy-esque zone coverage that they run - soft and squishy. You either have to hit the QB or cover the receivers up. If your defense can't consistently do either thing, it makes the other team's QB look like an All Pro every week.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

In nut shell.... Lions Suck LMFAO
    I take it back about giving him the ball and go home... "Your not getting the ball again, go on get the phuck outta here! Kneeler BTW How was the last soccer game you watched Mac?

7. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Someone from the color guard should have went over and butt stroked him. That would make a great highlight film. He might have even played better...na, let's don't get crazy.

Bay BornNRaised likes this.
  8. Macs13

Macs13

Soccer? Never watched one. As a long time CB, I was just adding my analysis specifically regarding the position.

HILARIOUS to see people still crying about athletes kneeling. . Sorry 'bout Trump. As the kids say, u mad bro? What do you need to know about the alt right? It rhymes with all-white.

Do the Lions suck? No. They started the year very strong considering their big leads in almost every game but the coaching staff didn't know how to keep the pedal to the metal. Now they're playing without their top TWO receivers, top RB, and the QB has torn ligaments in the thumb of his throwing hand. Bad circumstances (Swift's game winning drop, mystery PI calls on 4th down, etc) + a coach + a roster that isn't deep enough to weather too many injuries = a 7-9 team at best. That isn't suck but it isn't loads of joy either. It's middling and that's what we've been used to since Scott Mitchell, Barry, Herman Moore, Perriman, and Morton led the greatest one season offense in Detroit history.

drop

9. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

Sorry Azz kneelers!! Nothin political or "all white". Nothing at all. You A Kneeler?
    Yes Sir. They sure do. The whole Organization!!
    It's WHAT??? Apparently something You've been used too! Good luck with your Lions.
    Mic Drop LMFAO Ha ha ha W BTW Where can I pick up your $ your So willing to give me?? But but...... But but what???

10. Macs13

Macs13

You're going to have to translate that nonsense into intelligible English. I was under the impression that this was a website for adults and yet here I am debating with an apparent 10 year old.

I think that you just claimed that there's nothing political about the movement to stop watching football due to players kneeling in support of the BLM movement. There really isn't a response to that. It was ONLY political because your fearless orange loser, errr leader, made a big fuss about it.

Rantings of a lunatic. I'm not sure from which bay you're born and raised, but please let the rest of us know as a PSA so we can make sure we don't drink any of the water.

11. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Could swore the political stuff was supposed to be in the political forum only. What happened?

12. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

You like Kneeling??
    Lions Suck... I'll take a Thousand, Alex!. Move on water boy

13. Macs13

Macs13

Just responding to the myriad of posts above mine with folks crying about kneeling. I didn't bring it up but have no problem interjecting when stupidity is running rampant.

14. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

No one other than you made it political or rasict. Stupidity is right in front of you sir. Go watch a soccer game!

15. Macs13

Macs13

Huh.

Interesting.

Explain to me, then, why you and the others above you are so deeply offended by Stafford kneeling. Educate me, oh master of the internet.